FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2010 Taurus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
looks really good, So here are the cars that i wouldn't mind having with Ford right now.

1- Edge
2- Taurus X( just bc used ones are dirt cheap)
3- Slowly growing on Flex.
4- New 2010 Taurus, just bc i do lot of highway driving.

still have to wait and see what the real focus and fiesta look like. I wouldnt mind having a downtown car.
mo_focus,Jan 11 2009, 10:30 AM Wrote:looks really good, So here are the cars that i wouldn't mind having with Ford right now.

1- Edge
2- Taurus X( just bc used ones are dirt cheap)
3- Slowly growing on Flex.
4- New 2010 Taurus, just bc i do lot of highway driving.

still have to wait and see what the real focus and fiesta look like. I wouldnt mind having a downtown car.
[right][snapback]279388[/snapback][/right]

apperently I heard rumors that an ST or SHO Taurus will be coming soon too, there's already a few spy shot on the net.
I didn't even thing the 2010 Taurus would be redesigned although I was looking at the new 2010 Lincoln lineup so I should have saw this coming. And damn... I like the current Taurus and this new model is 20x better! My next car is definitely going to be either a Fusion or Taurus.
It kinda looks like the Toyota Avalon/Camary, maybe its just the colour.?
euro_zx5,Jan 11 2009, 11:41 AM Wrote:I didn't even thing the 2010 Taurus would be redesigned although I was looking at the new 2010 Lincoln lineup so I should have saw this coming. And damn... I like the current Taurus and this new model is 20x better! My next car is definitely going to be either a Fusion or Taurus.
[right][snapback]279393[/snapback][/right]

x2 on the Lincoln thing -- although I must admit as much as I'm trying to like the new Lincolns, Ford of Canada is doing everything they can to turn me off with their fawked up ad campaigns ... like the Major Tom TV spot - fawk I hate that.

And their lame-ass bogus wanna-be viral videos on the lincolncanada.com website ... sorry, major fail IMO (I'm seriously embarrased for them) and I would think I'm in the heart of their target market demographically.

Back OT - I like the new Taurus (still wish it was a Mondeo) and I would think that with the Duratec37 and the Ecoboost engines they've already got coming a SHO version wouldn't be too expensive to engineer.

If I'm in the market next year (and I might be with the lease on my wagon coming due) right now I'd say the Fusion Sport is at the top of my Ford list.
looks pretty sharp, I like the headlights
Actually looking at the 2010 Taurus again, it looks like the new Mazda 6, but that's on the Fusion platform isn't it?
Yeah, I see a lot of Fusion / Mazda6 cues going on there but the Taurus is larger than the Fusion (or at least it was, and should still be).

I was in a 2008 the other day (one of the Stockfish service shuttle vehicles). I'm SO glad I'm not in that demographic yet! :P It just kinda felt like a new taxi. No soul, no engine note. At least you can get it with AWD :P
the rear does not fit the car..............
Interior is 100X nicer but the rear-end looks like they bought it off chrysler from the old Concord.
SHO me please! :D
I'm not impressed. Why not just rebadge the Mondeo?
oldeguy,Jan 12 2009, 01:48 PM Wrote:I'm not impressed. Why not just rebadge the Mondeo?
[right][snapback]279420[/snapback][/right]

it looks very much like the mondeo...

[Image: Ford%20Mondeo%2020081.jpg]
darkpuppet,Jan 12 2009, 02:19 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Jan 12 2009, 01:48 PM Wrote:I'm not impressed. Why not just rebadge the Mondeo?
[right][snapback]279420[/snapback][/right]

it looks very much like the mondeo...

[Image: Ford%20Mondeo%2020081.jpg]
[right][snapback]279421[/snapback][/right]

most of the styling was based off the Kenitic European design, and the Mondeo was a huge influnace on it.
If Ford is serious about this crap, then all the offerings should be "world cars" with basic name changes for better familiarity with the target markets.

An Escape here is a Maverick over there - there are very few differences.
Indepth Video of the 2010 Taurus
Link
PRESS RELEASE

2010 Ford Taurus delivers new design, class-leading technologies and features at an affordable price

· Ford's new flagship, the 2010 Taurus, will start at $25,995 – the same price as 2009 models but with more class-leading features, new technologies and perceived quality that rivals German luxury sedans

· Available this summer, Taurus features an impressive suite of technologies never before offered in the non-premium large car segment including Cross Traffic Alert, Collision Warning, MyKey™ parental programmability, EasyFuel™ capless refueling, SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry, Ford SYNC® and Voice-Activated Navigation with SIRIUS® Travel Link™. Other features new to Taurus include Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Information System (BLISTM), Rain-Sensing Wipers and Intelligent Access with Push Button Start

· The new Taurus is available in three trim levels: SE, SEL and Limited, offering customers more choice and convenience with unmatched technology with the Ford brand value

DETROIT, Jan.11, 2009 – The new 2010 Ford Taurus delivers industry-leading technologies, exceptional craftsmanship and an award-winning engine packaged in an all-new design that rivals German luxury sedans but at an affordable price.

Available this summer, the new 2010 Taurus will offer three trim levels: SE, SEL and Limited. Starting at $25,995, including destination and delivery, the new Taurus starts out at the same entry level price as the 2009 model.

"Taurus personifies the Ford brand promise – an engaging driving experience, expressive design, class-leading technologies, all offered at an unmatched value," said Jim Farley, Ford's group vice president of Marketing and Communications.

The 2010 Taurus comes standard with Ford's proven Duratec 3.5-liter V-6 and comes paired with a choice of two new six-speed automatic transmissions which includes an option of SelectShift®. This optional transmission offered on the SEL and Limited series features racing-inspired shift control paddles mounted on the steering wheel, while offering the convenience of conventional automatic operation, or a manual shift mode.

The SEL series comes equipped with 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, heated exterior mirrors, supplemental park lamps and chrome exhaust tips. The Limited series adds to the SEL appointments with standard leather seats, 19-inch chrome clad aluminum wheels, 10-way power driver and passenger seats, reverse sensing and a premium sound system with SYNC.

A selection of optional customer-focused technologies also will be available on the 2010 Taurus, including:

* Adaptive Cruise Control
* Collision Warning
* Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
* SecuriCodeâ„¢ Keyless Entry
* MyKeyâ„¢
* Auto High Beams/ Rain-Sensing Wipers
* Easy Fuelâ„¢ Capless Fuel Filler
* Blind Spot Information System (BLISâ„¢)
* Cross Traffic Alert
* Ford SYNC®
* Multi-Contour Seats

The new Taurus underscores the Ford brand promise to bring technology to market at an affordable price. It also builds on its legacy of safety leadership by incorporating a comprehensive array of passive and active features to help protect its passengers.

"Taurus raises the bar on the full-size sedan segment with an unprecedented offering of technologies typically reserved for luxury cars. The premium craftsmanship and attention to detail, combined with outstanding driving experience will redefine what customers should expect in a full-size sedan," said Farley.

Taurus SEL series will begin at $27,995 and the Taurus Limited series will begin at $31,995. The 2010 Ford Taurus will be built at Ford's Chicago (Ill.) Assembly Plant and will be available in dealer showrooms in the summer.
are you guys sure its not Mazda 6? lol
NikiterZTS,Jan 14 2009, 03:47 PM Wrote:are you guys sure its not Mazda 6? lol
[right][snapback]279512[/snapback][/right]

other then Sync, I'd say Volvo S60. :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 13 2009, 09:12 AM Wrote:If Ford is serious about this crap, then all the offerings should be "world cars" with basic name changes for better familiarity with the target markets.

An Escape here is a Maverick over there - there are very few differences.
[right][snapback]279440[/snapback][/right]

Actually the Escape was sold in Many countries, and still is:
Canada
USA
Japan
Australia
China
Switzerland
Noway
France
Italy
etc..