FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Digital Climat Control Anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Never saw this before and was pissed to find out it's only for Zetec.
Check it out

http://cgi.ebay.ca/FORD-FOCUS-DIGITAL-AIR-...p3286.m63.l1177
Scorcher000,Jan 10 2009, 11:16 PM Wrote:Never saw this before and was pissed to find out it's only for Zetec.
Check it out

http://cgi.ebay.ca/FORD-FOCUS-DIGITAL-AIR-...p3286.m63.l1177
[right][snapback]279378[/snapback][/right]

seen that before, but not sure if it fits without major modification.
Frost_2001 should be able to let you know if it will work. He is the resident Euro Spec Guru. It would be pretty cool if it was just plug and play. If it was I would get one too.
never seen that either!
just another reason to hate my 05 interior
I didn't mind the 05-07 interior, once I got used to it. Took about a week to really get used to it.

As for Euro-spec stuff, if it's not 00-04 gear it really doesn't have a hope of fitting a N.A. Focus without a lot of work.
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 10 2009, 09:21 PM Wrote:Frost_2001 should be able to let you know if it will work.  He is the resident Euro Spec Guru.  It would be pretty cool if it was just plug and play.  If it was I would get one too.
[right][snapback]279381[/snapback][/right]

I can tell you right off the bat that that is from the Zetec 1.6 & 2.0, Ghia, ST170, and RS European Spec focus, IT WILL NOT if into a focus here with-out major rewiring and proper wiring looms from a Euro Spec Focus. That part is only for the MK 1 Focus or 2000 - 2004 dash boards on our focus, it was never reshaped for the american focus as it was too expencive to bring here. (often this feature was sold with European focus's with the Sat/Nav systems)

I tried asking everyone on ffoc.co.uk a few years ago an everyone told me if you get one get everything including the looms from the breakers (scrap yards) as you need everything to set it up as it takes several hours to set it up, otherwise forget it. I've tried for years without success to get all the parts, under $800 CAD with the shipping and the cheapest was quoted was just under $2000 CAD. :(
See, I told you Frosty would know. :) Although it isn't what you wanted to hear.
That's ok If they had it for the Mid-Gen (05.5-UP) I'd still do it lol. I was only looking because a LED on the air flow direction knob is gone out right at the floor and face vent setting the minute I hit 100,000KM on the dash Thought she was going to fall apart on me because just after that, the battery started to lose power ad\nd I found that it was just a loose negetive terminal post.
Scorcher000,Jan 11 2009, 01:12 PM Wrote:That's ok If they had it for the Mid-Gen (05.5-UP) I'd still do it lol. I was only looking because a LED on the air flow direction knob is gone out right at the floor and face vent setting the minute I hit 100,000KM on the dash Thought she was going to fall apart on me because just after that, the battery started to lose power ad\nd I found that it was just a loose negetive terminal post.
[right][snapback]279398[/snapback][/right]

If it's the Knob on the dials, I can tell you all of those bulbs in the dial section are bulbs and not LED's. the only LED's in the Focus Dash is in the 2008+, and in the A/c, Redirect, and rear window defog buttons on the 2007 and under. if that is the case have kev change the led lights for you as he did it on his zx5.