FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Newbie Focus driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ho everyone!

Just picked up a new (new to me) white 2012 Focus SE hatchback, 5MT on Monday. It has just over 40k on it.

It has the usual fare, along with heated seats & side mirrors, fog lights, tinted windows. The thing drives and handles wonderfully. It is a joy to drive.
Welcome !
Welcome ! to the board Smile
Welcome
Welcome - lots of interesting people and advice on here, as well as a growing number of MkIII owners like yourself - although FWIW I think yours is the first with a 5-speed manual on here - all the other manual trannies are 6-speed.

Post up some pics when you can - and give us your driving impressions too - I don't know anyone who has yet driven the 5MT car
(06-13-2013, 10:18 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome - lots of interesting people and advice on here, as well as a growing number of MkIII owners like yourself - although FWIW I think yours is the first with a 5-speed manual on here - all the other manual trannies are 6-speed.

Post up some pics when you can - and give us your driving impressions too - I don't know anyone who has yet driven the 5MT car

Pics to come. Been crazy busy lately. Just have to post them.

Driving impressions of the 5MT - love, luv Love how it drives and handles. It's tight and well planted. Power and acceleration is great. It does exactly what I want it to, When I want it done. This is a Fun car! I'm getting between 8.2 - 8.3 L/100km, on average. I was hoping for better mileage but that's about it for the most part.

Dislikes: Can't turn off the int lights. Int room a bit tight for me. Too many menu's to go through w the steering wheel buttons - needs to be simplified...I'd like some things to just have a button on the dash. there's more but I'll stop there.
Welcome to the site.

I can agree about the odd menu items for radio, if the new focus is anything like the escape. I have a rental 2014 escape right now, I think I had an aneurysm trying to get my bluetooth streaming audio selected.
Welcome to the board!