FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Brake bleed help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay guys so I'm just wrapping up my disc convert and I'm not building any pressure in the brake pedal... My question is, even though I didn't open up the front brake lines, so I still have to bleed them as well?
fronts should be ok.. deff wouldnt hurt them to give them a quick bleed though
Well I'm getting a solid stream out of the rears...
Has anyone gotten a different pedal feel after the conversion?
Every time I've done that conversion - about 5 times now - the pedal has gotten much more "immediate" and with less travel and a stiffer feel.

That's always been with a brand new kit and always bleeding the brakes.

Did you lose any fluid - perhaps draining the reservoir and introducing some air into the overall system?

(06-14-2013, 08:53 AM)jtdanks Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone gotten a different pedal feel after the conversion?
Mine feels like I've gained travel, I've bleed all corners multiple times no air should be in the system. When it pumped it does get solid. So I'm assuming that's as good as its gunna get. But I won't be moving for a little bit longer... My alternator went today...
Did you make sure to put the right caliper on the right side? Make sure the bleeders are at the top of the calipers.

If still not a good pedal I'd bleed the front brakes. Make sure to check all your fittings that they are all dry and remain dry. Age of the kit definitely won't matter. As long as no seals are leaking, they are holding pressure.

Its rare for a part in an alternator to just "go" other than being the state of defective. Check to make sure you have a good battery too. Commonly overlooked part of the charging system.
If you have ABS and the reservoir emptied then it is a problem to bleed. Bleed all the brakes in turn beginning with the front one nearest the driver, then the front passenger side, the rear driver side and finally the rear passenger side. Do not allow the reservoir to get more than half empty. Also if it a manual transmission bleed the clutch slave cylinder first.
Jim.