FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sold Focus / Thanks to the members of this forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to really thank the members in this forum, who are nothing but top-notch. When coming time to choosing a new car, this forum was actually the only reason I was considering the Focus again.

Reasons I didn't purchase a new Focus: 1. Local dealership. I've had their lack of workmanship almost kill a co-worker, set the side of the 401 on fire, damaging the motor, transmission, and rear axle. And their parts department is not open on Saturdays, not cool for someone who works out of town M-F. 2. Went to test drive a Focus. ..and all the salesman would do is push, push, push a Fiesta. Then told me they sell their cars so cheap because they make all their money in parts. That inspired confidence. :p 3. I don't think they're attractive. I honestly like the 1st generation styling way more then the latest design. 4. Wanted to buy something assembled in Canada. Americans have pissed me off. 5. SOHC. It's not so much that there was a problem, it's how it was handled. I can't afford to take risks like that.

I sold the car with SVT front brakes, suspension, and two sets of rims for $500. Possible bent front end, bent steering rack, rust through, leaking exhaust, needing timing belt and related maintenance, chipped windshield. The young guy seemed happy, and I directed him to this site. Hopefully the front is just a lower control arm or something and he'll have a great ride... until that valve seat drops.

I'd like to thank the members of this forum who helped me figure out mechanical problems, find parts, etc. Ford Canada should be paying for the server!
You are most welcome!
Even though you may not have a Focus now, you are always allowed to continue to chat with us and ask questions about your new vehicle.
I too hate my dealerships around me and wish they all blew up during the night leaving a massive crater in the Earth. They aren't even worth your time to think about going there for a look at the stock on the lot.

Someone somewhere will know something about anything lol.
sorry to see you go. hope you stop back from time to time!!

btw what did you end up getting?