FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transmission Woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a check engine light after the transmission started acting up. 206,000 kms.

I went to three places and they diagonosed it for free with the OBD reader.

code was P0750 Tranmission Solenoid A...

I hoping its just replacing the solenoid..Im going to take it to one of the shops monday to find out.

Anyone else have this problem, and if so was the solution as easy as just replacing the solenoid?

Thanks,

2002 Focus ZX5 Automatic
206,000Kms

Jaigon,Jan 9 2009, 11:20 PM Wrote:I got a check engine light after the transmission started acting up. 206,000 kms.

I hoping its just replacing the solenoid..Im going to take it to one of the shops monday to find out.

Anyone else have this problem, and if so was the solution as easy as just replacing the solenoid?

Thanks,

2002 Focus ZX5 Automatic
206,000Kms
[right][snapback]279352[/snapback][/right]
Jaigon,Jan 9 2009, 11:20 PM Wrote:I got a check engine light after the transmission started acting up. 206,000 kms.

Thanks,

2002 Focus ZX5 Automatic
206,000Kms

I guess no ones had this problem...I going to try to tackel this on my own...i found the part no
Shift solenoid "A" (SSA) is part# XS4Z-7H148-AA ...I've been searching frantically on the other forums..

Stupid question but is this solenoid in or outside the trans?
Jaigon,Jan 9 2009, 07:20 PM Wrote:I got a check engine light after the transmission started acting up. 206,000 kms.

Thanks,

2002 Focus ZX5 Automatic
206,000Kms

If I'm reading the DTCs correctly it isn't just the solenoid ... check out the differences between these four related DTCs.

This is straight from my Ford DVD (for '07 mind you) ... PM me your email addy and I'll send you a PDF of the diagnostic tests for this DTC - it's a bit of an eye opener.

P0750 -SSA Solenoid Circuit Failure
Symptom: No reverse gear (short) or no 4th gear (open). MIL on.

Description: SSA circuit failed to provide voltage drop across solenoid. Circuit open or shorted or PCM driver failure during on-board diagnostic.

P0751 - SSA Functional Failure (Stuck Off)
Symptom: Not all gears present, MIL on.

Description: Mechanical or hydraulic failure of the shift solenoid.

P0752 - SSA Functional Failure (Stuck On)
Symptom: Not all gears present, MIL on.

Description: Mechanical or hydraulic failure of the shift solenoid.

P0753 - SSA Solenoid Circuit Failure
Symptom: No reverse gear (short) or no 4th gear (open). MIL off.

Description: SSA circuit failed to provide voltage drop across solenoid. Circuit open or shorted or PCM driver failure during on-board diagnostic.
my dad had the same problem on his fofo, it was just the solenoid that had to be replaced. i drove it while it was acting up and good lord when it shifted it felt like you revv'd up to 6k and dropped it in gear, that tranny must be pretty solid lol.
UPDATE:

So Saturday picked up the the solenoid "a" from the dealer and swapped it out .

Problem is fixed. whew...when for a test drive and now is shifting properly to 4rth.

So easy to do. The hardest thing was fighting with the last bolt from the pan...there are 20 and what do you know..the last one gave me a head ache.

Jaigon,Jan 12 2009, 10:20 AM Wrote:UPDATE:

So Saturday picked up the the solenoid "a" from the dealer and swapped it out .

Problem is fixed. whew...when for a test drive and now is shifting properly to 4rth.

So easy to do. The hardest thing was fighting with the last bolt from the pan...there are 20 and what do you know..the last one gave me a head ache.
[right][snapback]279413[/snapback][/right]

Good job and congrats ... you should do up a how-to and post it.