FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: less loud.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so i just had the fuel system cleaned, and im driving home and i go to over take someone and my car dies. So im like wtf, i open the hood notice that the coilpack isnt connected. So i put the clip back on and it starts back up, but now it doesnt sound the same. It sounds like i have a stock exhaust and it doesnt seem to pull as hard. I have zero codes also and no check engine lights so anyone know whats up?
That sounds pretty weird. Its suppose to clean the system up.
Could be the computer?
If I was you I would try and reset the ecu.
Yes pull the negative cable for 10min then start it up and see if it did the trick.

If not then I would check all fuel lines and injectors and even to see if the fuel filter is new.

I have never been a person to believe in that whole Fuel cleaning service. It's a fluid that drains all the time and has a inline filter that needs to be changed. Your injectors are lubricated from the fuel so I'm not sure how they even justify ripping you off by saying, oh hey you need a fuel system clean. Just saying, next time just run a full tank of high test without ethanol every other tank and you should be good.

But good luck on figuring out that issue!
I usually do it my self but i didn't have time. I will try the battery thing though. The fuel filter is new they took it out to show me lol. I have gone through the motor and checked everything im stumped.
(06-30-2013, 04:52 PM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so i just had the fuel system cleaned, and im driving home and i go to over take someone and my car dies. So im like wtf, i open the hood notice that the coilpack isnt connected. So i put the clip back on and it starts back up, but now it doesnt sound the same. It sounds like i have a stock exhaust and it doesnt seem to pull as hard. I have zero codes also and no check engine lights so anyone know whats up?

Sounds like the Recall issue from the 2000 - 2002 models, I think it was for the fuel filter or pump, and you just described the exact issues of it.
Im an 03 lol
(07-02-2013, 01:28 AM)adamzx5 Wrote: [ -> ]Im an 03 lol

Yeah, it also affected the 2003 models too, but they never included them in the recall, you could have one that was built in the early year and could have the the faulty parts in it, as it's happened to others with a 2003 too
would it throw a code if the fuel pump was going?
Hmm i was just thinking would putting the fuel filter on the wrong way f**k it up like this. I still can't figure this out. I don't want to dump money into it because im planning on buying another focus
Well changed the plugs now there is a bad tick in the motor. All this because I got my fuel system cleaned. Mr lube is going to have a big bill coming their way.