FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2004 SVT Timing Belt Replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys
I am at 93 000 miles on my SVT. I have read that ford rates the timing belt for 120 000 miles, but at the same time i have heard of guys having timing belts go much sooner. So that being said I am looking at replacing mine.
First question.
If i decide to do it myself I need the timing tool for the cams and the crankshaft pin. Where did you guys get your?
Second Question.
If i decide not to do it myself can anyone recommend a good, decently priced mechanic to go to in the markham/durham area.

thanks
(07-26-2013, 10:30 PM)Eddz4 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys
I am at 93 000 miles on my SVT. I have read that ford rates the timing belt for 120 000 miles, but at the same time i have heard of guys having timing belts go much sooner. So that being said I am looking at replacing mine.
First question.
If i decide to do it myself I need the timing tool for the cams and the crankshaft pin. Where did you guys get your?
Second Question.
If i decide not to do it myself can anyone recommend a good, decently priced mechanic to go to in the markham/durham area.

thanks

I got the timing tool for the cams from CFM. It was shipped quick no problems.
Another thing to consider is doing the water pump at the same time (My Mechanic told me there was no extra labour if they were done at the same time and it was not that much extra).
David