FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyplace To Get Fl2005 Filters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does any one know were i could get a bunch of fl2005 filters in canada? the dealers here only have the 400s
faster_than_u,Jan 8 2009, 05:57 PM Wrote:does any one know were i could get a bunch of fl2005 filters in canada? the dealers here only have the 400s
[right][snapback]279298[/snapback][/right]
It's going to be tough ... the FL-2005 fits just a couple of applications and the FL-400s fits a gazillion (including all those of the Fl-2005) ... most dealers will tell you that the 400 superceded the 2005.
from what i have read the 400s is the lesser of the 2 filters isnt this right?
The only difference between the two is the back flow valve, or whatever they call it. It keeps some oil in the filter to help cold starts.

As far as filter media and filtering capability, I haven't seen any proof that there is anything different between the two.

I've been running FL-400s on my car now for over a year, without issue.

Ryan
ya exactly i do alot of cold starting. kind of important. any body have some help?
faster_than_u,Jan 9 2009, 02:14 AM Wrote:ya exactly i do alot of cold starting. kind of important. any body have some help?
[right][snapback]279320[/snapback][/right]
Motorcraft might also be available at WalMart - you could try there ... you could also try the Mazda dealership (Mazda Tribute with 2.0L/1991cc) ... or try an aftermarket filter - for example the Wix # 51315 or the Fram PH8316 - both the Wix and the Fram are listed as having the anti-drain valve.
walmart here doesnt have motorcraft parts