FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb mk1 side skirts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just sold my car and it needs side skirts in order to pass safety. If anyone in the Hamilton /Burlington area has stock mk1 skirts let me know please

Checked the scrap yards and there's nothing . Kenney u pull has a crap load but they have all of there cars sitting on rims
(08-09-2013, 11:59 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]Just sold my car and it needs side skirts in order to pass safety. If anyone in the Hamilton /Burlington area has stock mk1 skirts let me know please

Checked the scrap yards and there's nothing . Kenney u pull has a crap load but they have all of there cars sitting on rims

I have 2 sets in storage Guelph Line and 401 available
Ok I'll grab a set off you .
side skirts to pass safety? really?
Apparently LOL , there's tiny holes all along the side and "they need to be covered"
Lets just say , im never going to Canadian tire again for a safety .
lmao wow thats the gayest thing iv heard since Bieber!! so your telling me if i have rust holes in my rockers i wont pass safety?

if it was me id just put a few plastic plugs in them if there going to be that anal about it
If the rockers are really bad with rust it won't pass safety.
This car has little to no rust . Sprayed this thing like crazy cause a buddy of mine works at a shop that does rust checking. I even talked to the mechanic and I didn't like his attitude . Almost like he was pissed off that day lol. In the past I have always had issues with this paticular Canadian tire and not just for safeties , just an example would be them putting the tires on the wrong way . Had to take them back in and say "these tires are directional"lmao. Car is in my neighbours possession now and he's got a trip permit so found him some side skirts so hopefully all goes well with it.
The holes are there from the factory , they are little plug holes not even sure why they are there. Maybe to hold the clips.
Yaa I took my skirts off and never ended up swapping them so I've got the holes you speak of. They are from the clips. I don't see why they won't give you a safety because of that though.
Apparantly they also called the inner tie rod . Guy who bought it took it to another shop and they told him that the bolt was loosened off . Lmao scam artists. So all in all car is now safetied but for anyone I'm the future try to stay away from Burlington Canadian tire.
Stay away from all Canadian Tire & Lube places for any service work on your vehicles.

(08-16-2013, 08:12 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [ -> ]Apparantly they also called the inner tie rod . Guy who bought it took it to another shop and they told him that the bolt was loosened off . Lmao scam artists. So all in all car is now safetied but for anyone I'm the future try to stay away from Burlington Canadian tire.