FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New member - forum participant (technical)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all,

My name is Kevin, and I have been a Focus owner for the past 6 years. My wife and I recently purchased our second focus (third if you include the parts-car) which is a 2005 zx5 ses. We previously had a 2001 se wagon (zetec 5spd) which we still actually have for the time being. It is being retired due to chronic body rot, but I have learned a lot about these mk1 cars throughout my ownership of the car. I have experienced some of the strangest problems and figured them out, and also have performed some relatively extensive repairs. I would like to be active in the forum community helping others figure out their problems, as well as learn more about these neat cars. Glad to be on board!
Welcome to the site Kevin - if you are in the GTA or Hamilton/Burlington/Stony Creek areas we have regular meetings and and it would be great for you to come out.

As the former owner of 7 wagons (four of them 5-speed) it's always nice to see another manual wagon still motoring on despite the rot.
Thanks for the welcome. I have the car still plated and insured till the end of the month. Trying to sell it for parts and I can drive it to the buyer. The car is structurally compromised but not quite broken yet. In the last 2 years it has had a new alternator, coil pack, throttle cable, used but good cruise servo, ebrake pigtails, and t-stat + housing. Prior to that it has dealer-installed factory front coils (silent warranty) and a new clutch with 43000kms on it. So I am not trying to be a salesman but I don't have the heart to scrap this car with all these good recent parts. I would be happy to see it go to a good home. I will try to make it out to a meeting soon but I live about 2hrs away... north Wellington county... approx 45min northwest of guelph. Once again, thanks for the welcome. I only drive the wagon in town these days...

I am also towing the parts car to the wreckers today. It is a 2000 sedan and has the early intake... which I just removed and kept. I also have several other parts as well. Btw the wagon has crystal clear factory headlights as I did replace them. Also a good red wagon rear hatch that I never used. I look forward to chatting with all of you. I have been a member of fj for years. Talk to you all soon!
Welcome to the site !