FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Been Gone For A Whie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. I haven't been on for a while. I'm trying to fine some cheap upgrades for my 03 SVT for this summer. Going to do some road course at Toronto Motorsports Park. Anyone have some ideas?
svt503,Jan 8 2009, 12:23 AM Wrote:Hey guys. I haven't been on for a while. I'm trying to fine some cheap upgrades for my 03 SVT for this summer. Going to do some road course at Toronto Motorsports Park. Anyone have some ideas?
[right][snapback]279259[/snapback][/right]

Whats cheap to you? Theres alot you can do, springs/struts, swaybars, strutbars, tie bar, tires, etc..
Of all the mods you could do, they break down into several categories (IE: daily driver, track car, drag car)

The mod that would make the most immediate impact would be tires IMO. A good set of rubber is so important, because you can upgrade the suspension and brakes all you want but its those four contact patches, no bigger than your hand that determine whether the car stays planted or goes airborne in a bad way :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Hi guys. The car is my daily driver in the summer and track warrior on the weekends sometimes. I have a strut tower bar, aem cold air intake, and fuzion tires which grip pretty good. I'm a mechainc at firestone, so tires is something I'm not to worried about. I'm happy with the stock svt suspension for now. I'm also considering upgrading my brakes to slotted rotors after I cook my current brakes this summer. I'm more or less looking for more power. I'm going with a 67 mm throttle body and a quick time exhaust cutout for now. I was considering going with forced induction but thats something I don't think I can afford to do right now unless I can get a good deal on a kit or build it myslef. Any other ideas? Thanks guys.
Hey fatphocus I see your car all the time. Cars sweet. We have to meet up sometime when the nice weather comes around.
svt503,Jan 8 2009, 08:46 PM Wrote:Hey fatphocus I see your car all the time. Cars sweet. We have to meet up sometime when the nice weather comes around.
[right][snapback]279305[/snapback][/right]

Oh really...do you happen to work over there on Main?? I think I've seen your car before. But for sure once its nice out, we can get a few Hamilton meets/gatherings gonig since theres a handful of us now in the area. Only 4 more months away! :(

:lol:
svt503,Jan 8 2009, 08:43 PM Wrote:Hi guys. The car is my daily driver in the summer and track warrior on the weekends sometimes. I have a strut tower bar, aem cold air intake, and fuzion tires which grip pretty good. I'm a mechainc at firestone, so tires is something I'm not to worried about. I'm happy with the stock svt suspension for now. I'm also considering upgrading my brakes to slotted rotors after I cook my current brakes this summer. I'm more or less looking for more power. I'm going with a 67 mm throttle body and a quick time exhaust cutout for now. I was considering going with forced induction but thats something I don't think I can afford to do right now unless I can get a good deal on a kit or build it myslef. Any other ideas? Thanks guys.
[right][snapback]279304[/snapback][/right]

If you're serious about tracking the car, honestly slotted rotor are more trouble than they're worth IMO. I've seen too many cheap slotted/drilled rotors fail when used on track days due to the extreme heat and poor machining.

Better to spend the money on better pads (Hawk HP are my personal favourites) and a fresh set of stock rotors.

NefCanuck
yeah, fatphocus I do work at firestone on main. I can't wait until that weather gets better. I have to get some mods for my car soon. All of my friends are ahead of me as far as performance. My boss has an old 79 vette thats getting an enigne swap soon and another one of my buddies have a turbocharged honda. They'll out power me but I'm hoping to take them out in the corners.