FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Some Bad News For Used
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do not know if it's been posted yet but scroll down to the Focus part.
http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/winterdri...mentid=16347522
What I found weird is I've had more problems with my 02 in 6 months than I ever had with my 01 in 8 years.

Still a decent car. I don't get the eating of breaks business, i'm still on my 2nd set of brakes on the first focus..
All of those problems you're going to get with ANY car.
As for the brakes,.... that's :censored2: because I got 110k on my FACTORY brakes. The pads were fine still, I had a ceased caliper.

I would't take this "report" too seriously.
I had my rear window regulators replaced after 6 months or so! (under warranty of course)

yeah, I had numerous recalls with my 00. Brakes were never a probem for me though.
Maybe the eating of brakes is due to the fun factor of throwing the Focus around corners etc, OR olde folks who have to remember to stop. :lol:
Brakes 11000K, the door lock actuators, rear window geasing, seat heater relay and switches, Over Drive wiring harness, Gear shift and center console replacement, rear sprayer motor replacement.
Most of the stuff I was just picky about but the brakes are because of the rims, they don't allow enough air flow into the brakes.
The wagons rear brakes have been a problem since 6 months new. Were squealing when coming to a stop. Ford replaced them twice.
Front pads and rotors replaced at 35K.

It's the wife's car so she drives it way more then I ever do. Maybe that's it?
my 1st focus, the lease, had some issues with the brakes with noise, and it ate the front rotors at 30,000kms, but after they were replaced I never had an issue with them. I can't say the same with the current focus, it's been very relyable other then the hella headlight issue I had, but back to brakes, I am on my 2nd set of pads on the front with new rotors, and I didn't have to put those on until about 130,000 kms. but I know come spring I know I'll need a brake job, and the car is 8 years old, and it will have over 230,000 on it by then.