FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rims For A White Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok guys, looking at getting some new rims for this year, but stuck on what direction to take..I've heard people say go dark because of contrast (gunmetal, black) or go polished/chrome..Im stuck trying to decide, whats everyone think? Heres my car:

[Image: 2009081327ut2.jpg]

currently those are 18inch black/polished rims (HPD spinouts) , but not really diggin them..help! :P

maybe some silver focus euro wheels would look good. I sort of like those wheels that you have on the car already.
what's wrong with the rims on there now?
Do you want to stick with 18s? OZ Titans are nice:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseU...=All&sort=Brand

Otherwise, these are nice too (in 17" sizing):

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseU...=All&sort=Brand
The rims you have now look great. Save your $$$.
The rims u r rocking are just fine I say keep them.
I'd say lose the blue stripes, paint the mirror caps white...

then find some nice white rims or have those ones powder coated white B)
I would say go 18's in black with a machined lip. I have a silver ZX4 with black rime and I love them. Regarding the paint, I am painting my mirror caps silver, keep the strips!
keep it as-is..
what ever you do don't do white
ZX3_2NV,Jan 7 2009, 01:57 PM Wrote:what ever you do don't do white
[right][snapback]279219[/snapback][/right]

definately not, not a fan of white on white, too tacky..stripse are staying, I like the way the car looks with em..I thought of black with a chrome lip, probably one of the better choices besides a gunmetal color. Those OZ Titans look awsome, I'll check into them more, but I have a rim in my sights that Im look into getting first. I dont really like the rims I have now, too many people have them now- you know its bad when at school, walking through the parking lot for 2 minutes you see 5 or more cars with the same rims :P

I'll update once I get my rims, hopefully soon
I think a nice set of either aluminum or chrome rims, no black, no white. Keep the stripes, just give it the mods to increase horsepower and handling, to match the racing stripes. :lol:
oldeguy,Jan 7 2009, 03:37 PM Wrote:just give it the mods to increase horsepower and handling, to match the  racing stripes.  :lol:
[right][snapback]279227[/snapback][/right]

thats my plan, hopefully this summer! :P
I think chrome wheels are too "loud" on most cars and would be way too much on your Focus. I'd say a nice polished aluminum multi-spoke and call it a day.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 7 2009, 04:16 PM Wrote:I'd say a nice polished aluminum multi-spoke and call it a day.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]279231[/snapback][/right]

Thats almost similar to what Im looking at right now, shhhh lol :lol:
go with some EAP's, multispoke rally style in a silver would look sick. im really not digging those rims on there lol some rims i like that would look sick are ASA AR1's, OZ superturismo GT, EAP's or motegi FF7's. i know trizzy has a white/blue zx3 with the same body kit and is rocking some ff7's ill find a like to a picture. or buy my rims!! mad euro lol

EDIT: picture found

[Image: cruise011.jpg]
I can get you 17" wheelz like mine in a gloss grey, gloss silver and a gloss bronze.
Your tires won't rub in the wheel walls and you'll have a bit more cushoin of a ride. Or you could just get a extra load side wal like I have so you can take corners at high speeds, and drive on it for a week with no air in the dam thing :unsure:

Heres is a pic of mine I have the non gloss grey
[Image: 100_0761.jpg]

Here is what the silver looks like but on a different rim.
[Image: 100_0757.jpg]
I'll get back to you, currently waiting to see if a place can get a set of rims that I inquired about :)
drunkinmonkey,Jan 7 2009, 09:17 PM Wrote:get these ahaha :P

http://www.potn.co.uk/watermark1~POTN~imag...gle-425x425.jpg

or these

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/custo...nout-Blue.shtml
[right][snapback]279249[/snapback][/right]

funny guy :lol:
Pages: 1 2