FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: In The Autoblog Garage: 2009 Ford Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*sheds a tear for a poseur coupe*
"The 2009 model may look more like the SVTs of old, but that's just the wrapper."

s***, if I were a SVT owner I'd be emailing them asking why they would insult us like that!
yup welcome to teh club there is the "srt design" group that has parts of the srt but not teh engine or brembo's
Does look better without all that chrome sh$t
Canadian ST,Jan 5 2009, 10:02 PM Wrote:Does look better without all that chrome sh$t
[right][snapback]279101[/snapback][/right]

been saying that for a while now.... :P
Canadian ST,Jan 5 2009, 09:02 PM Wrote:Does look better without all that chrome sh$t
[right][snapback]279101[/snapback][/right]

Agreed, chrome done springly looks classy, the way it was slathered all over the '08 just screamed "cheap & tacky" in glowing neon <_<

NefCanuck
It does look better than the 08s, and I swear I've seen one with the Ford centre-capped EAPs around town - they do look almost 1-2" too small for a "sporty" coupe.
When I went to Fraser Ford to get my springs replaced, they had four or five new Foci's, with the new rims. I asked if they would fit on an 00-07, the salesman said he thinks they would. The 09 is an improvement on the 08, but, it still won't be bought 'cause it looks good.
Looks good to me. But I'd still wait for the ecoboost motor.
oldeguy,Jan 6 2009, 09:43 AM Wrote:When I went to Fraser Ford to get my springs replaced, they had four or five new Foci's, with the new rims. I asked if they would fit on an 00-07, [right][snapback]279115[/snapback][/right]

yes, they will fit.
The bolt pattern has not changed since 2000 and it prob won't till an ecoboost model and I also agree that the Euro SVT rims don't suit the coupe
CanadaSVT,Jan 6 2009, 11:03 AM Wrote:Looks good to me.  But I'd still wait for the ecoboost motor.
[right][snapback]279119[/snapback][/right]

x2, or I'll wait till the 2011/2 models come available as they'll be the MK3, and not the facelife models lol.
I saw one today when I was at Stockfish (the 09s, a sedan)... the sedan looks better with the 17s than the coupe does. There's just too much sheetmetal over the rear hubs (to me) and that seems to dwarf the wheels and make them appear smaller than they are.