FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2009 Changes For "the" Highway"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
News Release
For Immediate Release
407 ETR Announces 2009 Rate Schedule
TORONTO, December 31, 2008 - 407 ETR today announced toll changes which will come into effect on February 1, 2009.

Starting February 1, 2009, peak-hour tolls for light vehicles between Highway 403/QEW in Burlington and Highway 400 will be 19.85 cents per kilometre. Peak-hour tolls for light vehicles between Highway 400 and Brock Road in Pickering will be 19.25 cents per kilometre. The offpeak toll rate for the entire highway is being held at 2008 levels.

Next year, customers without transponders will benefit from a ten percent reduction in the Video Toll Charge and a reduction in the Video Account Fee. Transponder customers will receive a reduction in the Monthly Transponder Lease Fee. The company also announced that it will introduce a Trip Toll Charge of 25 cents for light vehicles for each trip taken on the highway.

“These changes keep traffic moving while maintaining affordable rates,” said Antonio de Santiago, President and Chief Executive Officer of 407 ETR, adding that the company has invested over $1.1 billion in new lanes since 1999 and plans to build over $70 million of new lanes in 2009. “We want to continue to save people time and offer them good value for their money.”

For more details regarding toll rate changes for different vehicle types and sections of the highway, please see the attached chart or visit http://www.407etr.com.

407 ETR Concession Company Limited (“407 ETR”) is the operator and manager of Highway 407,
which extends 108 kilometres east-west, just north of Toronto. 407 International Inc., the sole
shareholder of 407 ETR, is owned by a consortium comprised of Cintra Concesiones de
Infraestructuras de Transporte, Macquarie Infrastructure Group and SNC-Lavalin.

2009 Toll Rates
(Prices in Cents Per Kilometre)
Vehicle Class_______Peak Rate_______Peak Rate_______Off Peak, Night and
________________Regular Zone______Light Zone________Weekend Hours
______________(West of Hwy 400)__(East of Hwy 400)____(Entire Highway)

Light Vehicles (Cars,___19.85___________19.25_____________18.00
Minivans, SUVs)

Heavy Vehicles_______39.70___________38.50______________36.00
(Large Trucks)

Heavy Multiple_______59.55____________57.75______________54.00
(Tractor trailers)

- Peak Hours are weekdays between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Off-Peak Hours are weekdays between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., as well as statutory holidays and weekends.
- Changes to the 2009 Toll and Fee Schedule include:
- The Video Toll Charge for light vehicles will decrease from $3.60 to $3.25.
- The Monthly Transponder Lease Fee will decrease from $2.55 to $2.50.
- The Video Account Fee will decrease from $2.55 to $2.50.
- A Trip Toll Charge will be charged for every trip on the highway based on vehicle size:
- Light Vehicles will be charged 25 cents per trip.
- Heavy Vehicles will be charged 50 cents per trip.
- Heavy Multiple Vehicles will be charged 75 cents per trip.
For a complete list of toll and fee schedule changes, please visit http://www.407etr.com.
I avoid 407 like the plague. I just can't justify the cost vs. time saved. A trip to brampton to save 15 minutes I need to work an hour to pay for that....It just doesn't seem right.

i take 407 when im comming from kitchener into markham....i tried going through 401 toronto up to 404 and God.....id reither pay a little and save like an hour without any major traffic.....so yea sometimes i like 407
i take the 407 whenever im going to the 400. with a transponder it doesnt usually cost me that much. i like using it for work tho cause i dont pay for it then :D and i just cut of the traffic in the morning that way
Love 407. :) everyone should take that highway. its the best.

ohh BTW did i mention my compnay owns it so i need my stocks to go up :D
I saw some crappy rate increases on the news today. Highway robbery literally!
GFXjamie,Dec 31 2008, 05:03 PM Wrote:i take the 407 whenever im going to the 400. with a transponder it doesnt usually cost me that much. i like using it for work tho cause i dont pay for it then :D and i just cut of the traffic in the morning that way
[right][snapback]278944[/snapback][/right]

yep, without a transporter it gets pricy
and that is why i've got one
NikiterZTS,Jan 2 2009, 03:06 AM Wrote:
GFXjamie,Dec 31 2008, 05:03 PM Wrote:i take the 407 whenever im going to the 400. with a transponder it doesnt usually cost me that much. i like using it for work tho cause i dont pay for it then :D and i just cut of the traffic in the morning that way

[right][snapback]278967[/snapback][/right]

Yeah ... but isn't this kind of high technology really, really expensive?
It actually got a lil cheaper without a transponder the video toll charge went down as well as the account fee. but km over all went up. If you use the highway more that 7 times a year its worth getting a transponder and you will start saving everytime after that. and Mo what company do you work for.
Last time I used it was when it first opened and it was free. I have no need to pay for a road when their are other ones that take me to the same place for free. Also I am never up that way when the roads are busy so I cannot justify the need.
I used it years ago when it was free and twice once you had to start paying for it. After watching the prices go up like crazy year over year, I've always vowed to shun it.

I'd rather take alternate, less-travelled routes. Plus, GPS is a HUGE help at that point. There's also the added benefit of enjoying new scenery as you drive. :)
ZX3_2NV,Jan 2 2009, 01:20 PM Wrote:It actually got a lil cheaper without a transponder the video toll charge went down as well as the account fee. but km over all went up. If you use the highway more that 7 times a year its worth getting a transponder and you will start saving everytime after that. and Mo what company do you work for.
[right][snapback]278969[/snapback][/right]

SNC-Lavalin
I do believe SNC is the biggest Canadaian Shareholder. They were very smart on picking up on 407
I only paid for it once using the car, never again.

It's always free on the bike :P
CanadaSVT,Jan 2 2009, 08:31 PM Wrote:I only paid for it once using the car, never again.

It's always free on the bike  :P
[right][snapback]278998[/snapback][/right]

hehe, yeah i always see ppl covering thier rear plate with thier hand going thru 407.
mo_focus,Jan 2 2009, 03:51 PM Wrote:
CanadaSVT,Jan 2 2009, 08:31 PM Wrote:I only paid for it once using the car, never again.

It's always free on the bike   :P
[right][snapback]278998[/snapback][/right]

hehe, yeah i always see ppl covering thier rear plate with thier hand going thru 407.
[right][snapback]278999[/snapback][/right]

lol nice
:lol:
ZTWsquared,Jan 2 2009, 04:11 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jan 2 2009, 03:06 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]278967[/snapback][/right]

Yeah ... but isn't this kind of high technology really, really expensive?
[right][snapback]278968[/snapback][/right]

Ahem .... ^^^^^^^^^ read what Nik posted (I made it really big and bold in the quote) and then re-read my comment about expensive technology. Sheesh.
to buy a transporter is $20 ...if you want a second one for whatever reason its $9

i just swap it from one car to another
NikiterZTS,Jan 2 2009, 07:09 PM Wrote:to buy a transporter is $20 ...if you want a second one for whatever reason its $9

i just swap it from one car to another
[right][snapback]279003[/snapback][/right]
You mean a transpONDER ... a transpORTER is what Capt Kirk uses to get from the Enterprise to the planet below ... really, really expensive. Man.
lol yea sorry....meds are kicking in
Pages: 1 2