FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dumb Question? -door Lock Buttons.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, so this may be a bit of a dumb question. Are my power door lock buttons supposed to light up? I thought I had seen a refernce to somebody changing the LED to a different colour in them before (not just in the window buttons) and then it occured to me last night, mine don't light up. This is in an 07 SES ZX4.

Thanks, and Happy New year all!!
-George
Scourge,Dec 31 2008, 09:55 AM Wrote:Alright, so this may be a bit of a dumb question.  Are my power door lock buttons supposed to light up?  I thought I had seen a refernce to somebody changing the LED to a different colour in them before (not just in the window buttons) and then it occured to me last night, mine don't light up.  This is in an 07 SES ZX4.

Thanks, and Happy New year all!!
-George
[right][snapback]278936[/snapback][/right]

There is a link somewhere that shows you how to do it. There are lights in the factory switches but Ford in their infenate wisdom did not put power to them. But it is quite an easy mod. All you will need to do is run power from the window switch to the lock switch. I will find the link and post it for you.
i've done it

and easiest way is to run power from window switch
Here is the best link I could find. It is on the Focus Fanatics web site. Hope this helps.

Illuminating your lock switches
Awesome, thanks!! I think this might have to go on the list of things to do over the winter.

-George