FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Digital Artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been learning over the past few weeks how to create digital art using fractal images. It's been quite the painstaking process but it's starting to bear fruit.

Here is a small collection of my better work. After showing some of my work to a writer friend, I'm told he wants me to do some original work for him for his novel series that he's writing right now as interior art (at the beginning of a chapter, etc). I was floored. :)

Anyone can create this stuff, but it takes time to learn the settings and scripts. I'm happy to help out if I can. :) The software is called Apophysis. I'm using a combination of their latest stable release, 2.02, and some beta software that brings some much-needed enhancements to the show - version 2.08b currently.

Some are fractals and some are perfect sphere fractals, commonly referred to as Dragon Eggs. Googling "fractal Dragon Eggs" will likely get you well on your way to making your own if it interests you.

Enjoy. :)

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/log...amx/DragonEggs/
Those are pretty nice looking Nos. Good job
looks very cool.................even better if you're on something
Thanks fellas!

I've streamlined the actual render process down to a few hours now for most "common" renders... but render times of up to a day are possible for super high-quality stuff.

I'm thinking of branching out into nature and wildlife photography and then combining digital media (or adding it alongside) to create wall-worthy prints and such.

I'll update that link's content as I go. :) Feedback is appreciated!
It does look good Nos. Bravo!
Nice work Adam!
[Image: Apophysis-081218-223.png]

Looks much better than the pics I used to take when I smoked :lol:

Great work. Take a lot of time?
3-6 hours for most of the ones seen there... for stuff above and beyond that (that you've linked to), anywhere from 10-48 hours.

I'll do custom work, suitable for printing and framing (only half-joking), if you give me a basic theme or concept you have in mind. :)

Thanks for the feedback fellas... I'll keep updating that link as I get time and more work done!