FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does an 07 focus need the relay harness for the aftermarket HID kits??
All of them really do.

Not sure if you can pull a fuse or not
actually not all of them need relay harness but it is good to have one if you are having an issue with only 1 side turns on, then you had to turn off and on to get both lights working..

but these days ignitor is built into ballast and pretty reliable..
the drl sends reduced power to your ballasts, causing them to not ignite properly. this is bad for the ballast, you must supply the proper voltage

So either disabling the DRL or you put a relay to bypass the drl and send full power to the balast when your DRL are on.
Is it illegal to run without DRL?

Can i by pass the relays?? i see others running with no relays and drls still.

paolo,Mar 9 2010, 12:09 PM Wrote:the drl sends reduced power to your ballasts,  causing them to not ignite properly.  this is bad for the ballast, you must supply the proper voltage

So either disabling the DRL or you put a relay to bypass the drl and send full power to the balast when your DRL are on.
[right][snapback]302979[/snapback][/right]
evofocus,Mar 9 2010, 07:57 AM Wrote:Is it illegal to run without DRL?
technically yes but unless its dusk or night-time cops don't care. most of them run without DRLs and theres many people that do also.

in my case i pulled the DRL fuse, so if i want i can just have the parking lights on, or them + the fogs. this only works (from what i've heard) for the 05+ foci.

if yours is the previous gen you can do a by-pass which makes your fogs the DRLs.
how do i bypass drl which relay/fuse

Spinal,Mar 9 2010, 02:59 PM Wrote:
evofocus,Mar 9 2010, 07:57 AM Wrote:Is it illegal to run without DRL?
technically yes but unless its dusk or night-time cops don't care. most of them run without DRLs and theres many people that do also.

in my case i pulled the DRL fuse, so if i want i can just have the parking lights on, or them + the fogs. this only works (from what i've heard) for the 05+ foci.

if yours is the previous gen you can do a by-pass which makes your fogs the DRLs.
[right][snapback]302986[/snapback][/right]
oh yeah, forgot about drl, you will need relay harness then..
cant i pull out a relay to disable that and use my fogs as the DRL?
konafocuswrc,Mar 9 2010, 04:38 PM Wrote:oh yeah, forgot about drl, you will need relay harness then..
[right][snapback]302993[/snapback][/right]
IRC you can also support the Canadian DRF mod which is found here:
http://www.ofoc.ca/garage/drf/

also, brought to you by yours truely as well FYI!