FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hatch Auto Pop Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if anyone makes THIS for the Focus Hatch?

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf...ES2083320/

Hatch Pop kit..... you push the trunk button and it pops the hatch up automatically. What a convenience that would be when your hands are full and you can barely push the button....
Thats pretty cool, the video is well done.
I am sure there is some kind of universal kit that would essentially do the same thing. I have no idea if anyone makes one just for the focus. Would be pretty sweet if they did.
I'd install that. My struts are shot and don't go up all the way
this has been on my mind for ages.

And it will stay there... but I assume it can't be that hard - if you can get an automated piston then the rest is easy.

Hit trunk button, trunk unlatches, wait 2 seconds, piston activates and lifts the hatch.

When you're done, hit the trunk button again, everything does the same thing again but piston activates going the other way. As long as it closes far enough, it should activate latch no?
what am I missing here - this looks like nothing more than a hatch strut with more push - I don't see any closing function - and what about closing, how hard will that be now with the stronger strut?
There's a guy on the jet that moddded a lift and close kit from an edge I think.
(09-19-2013, 12:34 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]When you're done, hit the trunk button again, everything does the same thing again but piston activates going the other way. As long as it closes far enough, it should activate latch no?

Sounds like some sort of electrical piston you're talking about. I don't know how it would get force enough to go downward. Also, (at least for my trunk) it has to be closed with force else it doesn't latch all the way.

ANTHONYD, do you know who/where I could find that thread? I'm going to search now but in case I can't find... Smile
Sorry, I didn't mean an electric piston but rather an electronically activated hydraulic piston.