FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Olde Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to a mechanic to get the Focus's front wheel bearings and ball joints replaced. I bought the parts from for , and was told Ford doesn't sell ball joints just the lower control arms. So, $512.00 later, bought a wheel hub just in case, take the car to the mechanic, comes out to see me and says "you've got one bad bearing, two bad ball joints and two broken springs." So, I get the bearings and joints ,oh and the thermostat replaced, for $400.00, call Ford this morning and get a Christmas present, my car is covered to replace the front springs. See Martha, there is a Santa Claus :D
there was a recall/TSB out a while back saying that ford would replace the springs .. do a search on here and you'll find it talked about quite a bit
schade,Dec 22 2008, 12:02 PM Wrote:there was a recall/TSB out a while back saying that ford would replace the springs .. do a search on here and you'll find it talked about quite a bit
[right][snapback]278658[/snapback][/right]
This is where I found about it first. When the mechanic on Saturday said the springs were broken, i told him I had to check with Ford to see if my car was covered by the "campaign"It's for 10 years and 240,000 khms
Yaa the broken Spring is pretty normal