FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Body ship in Durham?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The fence attacked the Escape last night with all of the wind, and as a result I have a very unhappy wife.

Dent the size of a quarter, and a decently long vertical scratch on the door

Any recommendations on a good shop to fix the damage that won't completely destroy the wallet?
I used the repair shop at marigold ford, they always did a pretty good job. I've had them fix an accident vehicle, and they painted a few body pieces for me, their colour match was always good and warranty their work. I had a dent on the rear 1/4 of the car and a scratch sounding similar to what you have. The cost was $600 OTD at the time. I don't know if this was cheap or not but I was happy with the work they did.

Whatever you do, do NOT use Whitby Collision and Glass! (OWASCO)
I am getting my focus painted at JD Autocollision, not sure as to what you think is cheap, bodywork and paint is $3000, I took off all of the panels myself and brought it to him, to save on labour.
car painted or just the panels? why would you not just drive the car there?
(11-27-2013, 12:22 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]car painted or just the panels? why would you not just drive the car there?

The entire car is getting painted. I had to pull the motor to do the engine bay, and I had svt bumpers to put on the car. So it made sense to save $1500 on labor by taking everything off myself, and reinstalling it myself also.
ok makes sense. Its a good price for a full respray.
(11-27-2013, 01:33 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]ok makes sense. Its a good price for a full respray.

Yeah i had some serious dents too, no rust thank god. Taking it apart was easy, putting it all back together when its fresh paint wont be too fun lol