FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Random Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im telling you my svt is cursed.

last week im leaving my house and notice i have no power steering. :( so i pull over check fluid its good and no leaks. i get back in and start car. and now i have power steering WTF. i drive 5min down the road and lose it agane. but every time i tern car off it seems to fix it self temp. so aftor 1h of doing this i drive to my buddys shop we put it on the hoist and every thing looks good every thing works fine.

and i haven't had a problem with it sence. were talking 1000km and nuttn wrong.

but last night i go thrugh mcdonlds drive thrugh get my food and sit in the parking lot eating it with the car running. (less than 3min)

then bam the water temp gauge and the oil temp gauge max out.. i immediately shut off the car. i once agane get out check fluid levels. and no leaks. also engen dosnt feel overly hot.

let car sit for 15min. i started it back up and it was still reading hot. so i cranked the heat and drove to my buddys shop lucky i was less than 1km away from it. it was closed so i left it there over night. i went there this morning and let the car run for 45min ac on/off revving not revving. and every thing is normal.

so wtf lol

it magically fixed it self agane?
you got a loose belt or sticking pulley?

Sounds like some of your accessories aren't being driven... I'd check your belt for glazing and if the problem happens again, pop the hood quickly and make sure the pulleys be turnin'.

If it were just the powersteering, I might rack it up to a bubble in the system or something.

But to be honest, an issue like a slipping belt would normally come with some noise.
sticking pulleys sometime have a burning smell that comes along with them. We had a customer at work complaing of such a smell and it turned out his AC compressor pulley was sezied lol.
As for the gagues, the random spike in the reading usually means there is way too much resistence/ not enough resistence (depends on type of sending unit) in the circuit, and the info is being displayed accordingly. Pull the sending unit for each gauge and hook an ohm meter up to it, then cross reference the ohm reading to spec.
i was gona do that but every thing appears to be working fine now?
maybe you're right and it is cursed lol, i've had the same types of issues with my car, random things making noises/not working then all of a sudden the problem goes away.

on a serious note, i have read on FF the SVT's have a few...quirks so to speak, so when its problem free enjoy it lol.
When my coolant hose ( the one with the T connect) started to fail, I would get all kinds of 'odd' stuff. The temp gauge shooting up then correcting itself was the worst of them. Eventually blew the house on the 401 in traffic.
Seems as the hose failed it would compress and expand, sometimes choking the car for coolant.

Just something to keep an eye on.
j3rt,Mar 9 2010, 04:28 PM Wrote:When my coolant hose ( the one with the T connect) started to fail, I would get all kinds of 'odd' stuff.  The temp gauge shooting up then correcting itself was the worst of them.  Eventually blew the house on the 401 in traffic.
Seems as the hose failed it would compress and expand, sometimes choking the car for coolant.

Just something to keep an eye on.
[right][snapback]302992[/snapback][/right]

i will investigate this hose.

still dosnt enplane power steering thow
smell your power steering fluid and see if it smells "burnt" if so it could be a pump problem. another thing it could be is something electrical aswell
im going out to smell lol.

maby next time it will randomly get 50+hp lol
Jmountney1,Mar 9 2010, 01:36 PM Wrote:im going out to smell lol.

maby next time it will randomly get 50+hp lol
[right][snapback]303000[/snapback][/right]

i heard fc.net stickers are good for 5hp... each!!!