FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Back in Ford game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During Christmas I picked up 2004 F150 Lariat with 178k on it. Couldn't pass up the deal. Will be nice hauling my bikes with it. Really comfy truck.

[Image: CAM00182_zps1yhta6k4.jpg]
Nice!!
Welcome back
For a truck that only had 178k on it, it sure had some surprised for me after I bought it. fml
Elaborate? What sort of gremlins did it come with
(03-11-2014, 10:28 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]Elaborate? What sort of gremlins did it come with

Some things I should have noticed when I went to see it. But I'm gonna go a head and list everything from the top of my head.

-Spark plug replacement, known issue on Triton 5.4L. Basically a retarded head design by Ford Motors. My mechanic (also a close buddy) broke 3 out of 8 plugs. Ended up taking all 3 out with a special tool. The last plug while taking out he stripped threads. He had to call a special millwright dude who would come in and thread it to specs. No car for me for like 4 days.

-Left front spring was broken. Had to replace both front.

-Just recently my power steering stop working. Either pump or sterring rack.

-Volume UP button on steering wheel doesn't work.

-Fan UP/Down button on steering wheel doesn't work

-Temperature Up/Down button on steering wheel doesn't work

-Teperature display is very deem when my headlight switch is in Auto position

-When I go through a carwash a get a pretty big leak above rear/bed window

-One of the rear parking sensors stopped working like after a week when I bought the truck. The other day I ordered some from ebay. Even if that's the issue, don't know.

-Check engine came in a couple times saying that it's either O2 sensors or cats. So we ended up replacing all 3 sensors.

I love the truck and all but tell me again why a 10 year old truck has issues like that? Milage is not even that high for it. I worked out most of the problems out but why I shouldn't I buy Chevy next?
Buy a Chevy next time.

I think the mileage was a little under estimated when you bought the truck.
Not to mention they may of been an in town driver but lots of hours on it. Depends how much somebody used it. Clearly never had their hands off the steering wheel to wear the buttons out but they are an easy swap out to my knowledge once you pull off airbag.

Spark plugs is normal for those to have issues. As for the spring wtf. That's strange but I'm sure it could of used a refresh.

Ultimately the truck one day needs parts replaced, you were just the lucky schmuck that bought it when it was all coming due. Just think tho with some money in it, you should be set for quite a long time if you take care of suspension and other wear items
(03-12-2014, 07:41 AM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]Buy a Chevy next time.

I think the mileage was a little under estimated when you bought the truck.

I got it for a decent deal. $7700 when I was done paying taxes at DMV. Plus I love interior in Lariats. After all these fixes it's just not such a good deal any more Sad
Oh well, can't win all the time I guess. Put a tune on the truck and it's nice a peppy now. Nice for towing my bikes to the lot.