FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Beginning the new year (and some admin stuff)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I guess I should apologize for not being as active on the site lately. I could say I've had 'one of those years - or two', but it boils down to a few key things really:
1) Family stuff (mother with Alzheimer's, legal stuff, etc.)
2) Personal stuff (work, struggles with depression and medication)

So it's been difficult to sit down and do real work on the site other than doing what I can to make sure the Script Kiddies™ don't win.

But now it's the new year... so what's on deck you ask?

Well, first off, there is a bit of renewed interest in the focus from folks like turbotom, so there's a bit of work that I've been doing including the following:
1) getting the CMS side (blogging, user garages) programmed and up and running
2) getting an online store up and running that's native to the site.

I usually make the big push for these things over the Holidays, but it just isn't reasonable to do so anymore with the family things.

I haven't forgotten about them, I'm just not getting as much time as I'd like to work on it. Winter is a pretty good time though when it's dark and cold, so I hope to get back to it by February once work settles down.

That's where things currently stand, but there's also some administrative stuff I'd like to address (thanks ZTWSquared for poking me awake from hibernation).

Moderators
I want to go over the list of moderators and start promoting active members to moderators, and removing some moderators that aren't as active any more.

As such, if you're a current moderator, please feel free to respond here if you'd like to remain a moderator.

If you're not a moderator, and would like to become one, or know someone who meets the following criteria, please let me know.

Moderator responsibilities include
- banning bots and Script Kiddies from the site
- disabling posts that are not appropriate
- approving posts by sellers
- keeping the peace and being helpful to new/existing users.

I'll do my best to post more frequent updates on what's going on with the site, so bear with me as we continue to slowly move forward.

thanks to all our members for their continued dedication and contribution to FocusCanada, and from me to you,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Good to hear from you minus the struggles. I think i'm online often enough (Especially Weekdays) to throw my name into the moderator hat. I also Think Scorcher and GFX Jamie would be great mods.
(01-08-2014, 05:50 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear from you minus the struggles. I think i'm online often enough (Especially Weekdays) to throw my name into the moderator hat. I also Think Scorcher and GFX Jamie would be great mods.

Agreed on all 3 counts.
Thanks for the feedback so far guys.. I really appreciate it!
Id be game for a moderator spot. I know things have been slow around here lately but I'm sure with some of the builds we have going on, we can get some more traffic and posts keeping up with it all.

I gotta get some other people to sign up and post their stuff they have going on.
Good to hear from you DP!! Life is a bitch and we deal with it the way each of us think is best. We are all hear to talk if people need a open ear.

Thanks for the recomendation Dru, and yes I would be up for it too!

This spring I can see more members signing up. The newer Focus crowd seems to be rising and I will get soe of those cards made up for ppl to drop off in the windows to get new memebers hooked lol

A garage would be cool so everyone can see how hard we work on our toys. I can't wait to show it off lol
dp is alive!!
<<<<<for Mod
(01-09-2014, 11:04 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]<<<<<for Mod

[Image: attachment.php?aid=918]
After the site goes thought the update I can make a push for members on Focus_on_instagram Wink
Any update or direction from the Big Boss Man? I've noticed some changes to my account.
I don't mind being a mod still, as for stickers a new source is ideal, I have limited time to do physical labour Smile

Sorry to hear about the family, my wife is going through similar issues with her mother/grandmother its a terrible feeling.
I say it's time for beer and wings.
Mine changed too!!! And Beer and Wings are on the 20th but it might be too far for you. If we set one up on a Saturday would that make things easier for people?
I'm in the club. Cool

Is there a super secret sub forum we can talk smack about each other in? LOL