FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Snowmaggedon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So everyone is preparing for 'snowmagedon' tomorrow.

I spent a good couple of hours on the phone today trying to switch my flight to tonight instead of today, but everything's booked solid.

So here's hoping I can get out of the city before the snow locks us in tomorrow.

good times!

Let it snow baby.

Two sleds in the back and ready to go!!!!
Yeah and seeing as how I live less than 2km away from work, boss expects me in come hell or high snow (While he hunkers down in his bed in Oshawa <_< )

NefCanuck
I'll be happy to come down and pull members out of ditches for beer and BBQ :)

Up here we don't consider it "snowmaggedon" until it's more than a foot in a 24-hour period. Even then, we just call it "fun" and "another reason to have 4WD" :D :D

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/stor...&warningtype=sw

10-15cm? HAHAHHAHAHHAA :rofl:

*choke*

Tell Miller to have the Army on the phone. Break out the mil-spec snow shovels! :lol:

Man... 10-15cm? I just drive over that in the morning and shovel it when I get home at night.

Darwinism works too slow down south... :rolleyes:
Thank god I have tomorrow off. I can't stand driving the DVP with all the other Retreads that are afraid of the white stuff. You know the morons that think that if their car isn't moving in the snow bank they need to push tha gas peddle harder. I think all new drivers should have to pass a winter driving exam. :deal:
i hate how people forget how to drive when a snow flake hits their window
i'm all ready.....allwheeldriveready
Focus man, Focus.,Dec 18 2008, 08:57 PM Wrote:Thank god I have tomorrow off.  I can't stand driving the DVP with all the other Retreads that are afraid of the white stuff.  You know the morons that think that if their car isn't moving in the snow bank they need to push tha gas peddle harder.  I think all new drivers should have to pass a winter driving exam.  :deal:
[right][snapback]278480[/snapback][/right]
Talk about bad timing ... I have to go to Niagara Falls and back tomorrow - maybe I should leave early ... like now.
ZTWsquared,Dec 18 2008, 08:16 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Dec 18 2008, 08:57 PM Wrote:Thank god I have tomorrow off.  I can't stand driving the DVP with all the other Retreads that are afraid of the white stuff.  You know the morons that think that if their car isn't moving in the snow bank they need to push tha gas peddle harder.  I think all new drivers should have to pass a winter driving exam.   :deal:
[right][snapback]278480[/snapback][/right]
Talk about bad timing ... I have to go to Niagara Falls and back tomorrow - maybe I should leave early ... like now.
[right][snapback]278486[/snapback][/right]

Or be prepared to be staying in a hotel in the Falls (by yourself natch :P :D)

NefCanuck
Considering I saw at least 2 dozen cars driving with low profile summer tires just yesterday, I'd say tomorrow is going to suck on the roads in Toronto.

However, I have a backup plan. Another buddy of mine is driving up to Thunder Bay tomorrow (taking the north route)... so if my flight gets cancelled, I'll be hitchhiking with him.

And, since I have a Rogers Data Stick, and they have coverage up to kapuskasing, maybe I'll do a winter drive webcam :P ...

i
Nice plan Puppet...

I figure that if I'm the only one in the office by noon tomorrow, I'll shut it down an email the boss about it after /i get home :)

NefCanuck
Since I started driving with Snow tires on my old 92 Legacy I won't have a car without them. The MTO should follow Quebec's example and make them manditory.
Puppet's Road Rules... I like the sound of that. :D

Snow tires might save a few more sheeple down there, but the bottom line is that tire manufactuers will get rich 50% faster than usual (for a time, anyhow) and the morons will just drive faster until they lose control yet again.

GL with that snow, GTA. You're going to need it!
Nos has a point.. that's the thing about SUVs and AWD.. people that have them still drive way beyond what the weather conditions allow.

Winter time is not the time I want to be giving already generally bad drivers even more confidence.
Focus man, Focus.,Dec 19 2008, 02:39 AM Wrote:The MTO should follow Quebec's example and make them manditory.
[right][snapback]278492[/snapback][/right]
I believe the mandatory snows are coming next year too Ontario

As for the storm, let it come!
just means ill be installing a lot more tires and making more money at work tomorrow! :D
castone,Dec 18 2008, 10:58 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Dec 19 2008, 02:39 AM Wrote:The MTO should follow Quebec's example and make them manditory.
[right][snapback]278492[/snapback][/right]
I believe the mandatory snows are coming next year too Ontario

As for the storm, let it come!
just means ill be installing a lot more tires and making more money at work tomorrow! :D
[right][snapback]278497[/snapback][/right]

no their not, CTV asked the premiere and he said it would be hard to do that in Ontario because not everyone can afford the tires, not to mention the demand it would cause would be worse next year as even then Quebecers will still be having their shortage as not everyone there has a set yet.
The stress level has already intensified for myself and my co-workers up in the operation's center for Air Canada. The boss told us come hell or high water we were expected to show for work tommorow if it included us leaving for work HOURS earlier just to make it in for the pandemonium.

FUN, screaming passengers, crying sales agents (sad but true, we had 2 of them in tears tonight lol) Retarded pilots who cant find their planes (and we trust these guys to fly? lol)

So if anyone has plans to fly into the US tommorow or anywhere else good luck. You may squeak out to any domestic destination but the US especially the east coast may go on shut-down mode. Which basically will have a negative domino effect right into the weekend.

LET THE FUN TIMES BEGIN :unsure:
darkpuppet,Dec 18 2008, 09:28 PM Wrote:Nos has a point.. that's the thing about SUVs and AWD.. people that have them still drive way beyond what the weather conditions allow.

Winter time is not the time I want to be giving already generally bad drivers even more confidence.
[right][snapback]278495[/snapback][/right]

Amen, dad always said about 4WD (or AWD) "It just gets you stuck in the ditch that much farther"

No tech can replace common sense. Besides you can trip up any advanced traction system like "on demand" AWD by pulling stupid human tricks (Like jamming on the power coming out of a curve, the tail goes "whoopsie" til the AWD catches up to the stupid human)

NefCanuck
Whenever someone mentions AWD/4WD I mention 4-wheel brakes, all cars have 'em (I hope anyway). Followed by a similar phrase as NefCanuck's Dad.

I may have AWD and it sure gets me moving (and it's hella fun), but I never ever expect my car to stop any quicker than anyone elses.

Also, I'm damn disapointed this morning, there's no more snow on the ground than there was when I went to bed.
My job entails getting rid of the snow..so, I'm here at work today. If my employer decides to close up and send everyone home, I'm the last one to go. I think the snow isn't the problem, it's just those people who don't know how to drive. My two and a half cents on the Snow Tire Debate.........Snow Tires do make a difference, but not to point of making a snowy drive just like a summer days drive. Also, although I am all for making Snow, or should I say Winter Tires mandatory, why not make them mandatory for all new vehicles, and whenever the vehicle is sold, the sale must include eight tires and wheels.
Pages: 1 2 3