FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Build!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
last weekend while changing my spark plugs I noticed lots of oil in and or around cylinder 1. spark plug was just covered in oil. as seen below...
[Image: 20140524_190333_zpsvpfxedrb.jpg]
after first calling jamie then hitting up some other forums turns out best bet was to start with changing the valve cover gasket. simple enough. So I bought another valve cover from the scrappers to make all fresh with some paint and some new gaskets. which worked by the way. burnt out all the oil that landed in the cylinder and now all is good.

I decided to go red. I know it seems kinda tacky but I love the bright red valve cover on a black car.
[Image: 20140524_190917_zpsklkhuj1t.jpg]

another random thing added was a new sub and amp combo. nothing big. just enough so it bumps haha good ol'walmart special.
[Image: 20140525_180030_zpshlnahvay.jpg]
I tried getting a sub to fit the ST rear stock housing...yeah didnt work. its like a 9" sub. really tiny. Might try to mold it into the side still but we'll see.

thats it. that was my boring weekend.
not so much an update but I just wanted to share the newest vehicle to the focuscanada world and thats....dun dun dun!!!

A NEW BLUE TITANIUM SEDAN! haha

[Image: 20140604_175245_zps1pacwxeg.jpg]
Lmaoo nicee. You change cars like clothes ahaha. What you doing with the sedan?
Nothing at all. Wife and I are having our first child in September and wanted something reliable...sso the obvious choice was to buy a new focus lol my black sedan build will still continue
Good to hear!
looks good man.. needs an engine bath big time lol
They'll be plenty of time for that during the tranny swap and turbo Install lol and maybe a slight wire tuck
Finally got my rear sap bumper on! And thanks once again to gfxjamie for having an awesome set of roush side skirts that look killer!

[Image: 20140622_182603_zps18t3r5u9.jpg]
some fun motor work done this weekend! once again thanks to GFXjamie for helping me out with putting the cossy in, I also managed to get the massive EGR delete and 42# injectors in (from my FSWERKS kit). So all in all it was a pretty productive weekend.

EGR DELETE (shiny purple plate that nobody will ever see haha)
[Image: 20140628_183427_zpsovsrawdb.jpg]

Cossy intake manifold!
[Image: 20140628_222921_zps3jcacxhm.jpg]
Going back to the interior side. I recently just removed my double din deck screen and am now working on a good fitment for All my extra gauges that are kicking around. Might as well use them.

Here's what I've come up with so far

[Image: 20140705_200141_zpsn5ul8elk.jpg]
right on dude where your radio gonna go now lol
(07-16-2014, 03:58 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]right on dude where your radio gonna go now lol

Looks like there might be room for a single DIN HU under the gauges.
Decided not to run a radio lol its never on as it is
Oh no what have I done!!! haha LOTS has happened since my last post. so...lets begin.

ROLL CAGE! I absolutely love this thing. fills in the rear nice without too much clutter and lets face it...its pretty bad ass haha

[Image: 20140723_200530_zpsts1x092h.jpg]

Next we have the great tear down...I seem to be getting good at this stage haha out with the auto transmission!

[Image: 20140726_113938_zpslyxcek2k.jpg]

out comes the old LAME auto shifter and in goes some nice shiney new 5 speed linkage and shifter housing!

[Image: 20140726_124559_zpsgch7tv3m.jpg]
[Image: 20140726_130036_zps4etuavhk.jpg]

I really do need a short shifter now though, feels like im going to punch my radio bezel with it that high up.

Since the pedals had to be swapped...what other choice would I have BUT to put in a set of SVT pedals. done and done!

[Image: 20140726_150304_zps7iyyc147.jpg]

Next up is the perdy exedy stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel installed and ready to go

[Image: 20140726_173743_zpsdjyxk7vl.jpg]
[Image: 20140726_173750_zps3ol1ftrs.jpg]

now for those who are wondering about the axles for the swap...driveaxle (driver side) works. good for pretty much all years and models...passenger side (the long extended axle)... not so much.

So turns out the transmission is an 07 which turns out to have different axles...so after going all over then finally ending at ford, turns out...I gotta replace it. Here's what an 05 auto axle looks like though for comparison...

[Image: 20140726_195131_zpsnmy69ywm.jpg]

***thought i had more images on photobucket...please wait while i upload more***

continueing forward, here's the auto and manual (for 2007, not sure if this applies to every year...I am under the impression 99-05 is the same auto can be swapped with manual but 06 and newer cannot!...dont hold me to that though, i've talked to too many people to even care anymore haha)

[Image: 20140728_182204_zpsbq47qaxl.jpg]

and axle with different carrier bearing bracket installed
[Image: 20140728_191842_zps7ag3fphl.jpg]

random shot of center consol put back into place
[Image: 20140727_183510_zpsv1x2bker.jpg]

and then all of a sudden TURBO![Image: 20140727_131229_zpslupsmquh.jpg]

nice front mount
[Image: 20140728_220812_zpsgwe4ox2m.jpg]

routing of the lines for turbo, just an FYI...there is NO directions on how to properly installed the coolant lines for the turbo, it literally just says, do what seem legit. haha so I tapped into the top part of the heater core, cut it short and ran it that way. Seemed to would out really nice.
[Image: 20140803_181828_zpsa49nqt1e.jpg]

this is how i start my car...pssh pushing a clutch pedal in to start your car is sooo last year, paperclip to jump the neutral safety switch is the new cool thing...ahaha
[Image: 20140808_202517_zps9jneq9iu.jpg]

(for those who think thats a bad idea...yes it is. i did make it right, that was for testing purposes only. Again, I will give a better write up explaining the auto to manual wiring on the duratec later on once john and I are sure there are no major glitches)

so lastly as of last night I got the car all put together minus the front bumper

[Image: 20140810_184440_zpspnkptmyz.jpg]

Still lots to do! no question about it. tuning will be entertaining, again another path johnny and I get to travel together haha.

I would love to get the bay shaved down more and cleaned up a lot! but I really wanted to worry about actual function before anything else this time round. The car does in fact run. and not too bad either for just a quick made up base tune. couldnt be happier with how everything turned out...minus not having any gears for the time being...to be determined what that issue is (looking like bad linkage adjustment!)
What the f**k where is everyone finding roll bars from?!?!
looks awesome dude. hurry up and get it on the road lol
I lucked out on finding mine. Cost me a small fortune but well worth it i think.
And sean, just got the car all finished up this morning! well most that is...just need to hook up the downpipe to my exhaust (major rust on the flange of my exhaust and i have to drill out the old bolts). hook up some gauges, get a new dogbone mount. tune it and voila! done and done! haha
All it needs now is a 2.3L head and some cossie cams lol
Hey, quit trying to push your s**t Chris lol. But he is right...

Looking bad ass buddy and I'm glad you love the sound of the DV.
I know I want it so bad. Would make for some extra fun for sure! Pm me
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8