FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Any Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has anyon enoticed there car wonders on the icy roads. I was driving around today and at 70 k my cars wonders left to right on the road. not much just enough to be annoying. it is almost like the tranny is switching which side is the driving side, or that the rear is sliding from side to side about an inch.

1. could this just be the roads and don't worry about it
2. could it be my rear brakes need to be replaced.( drums.)
3 could it be that i just need to remove one of my rear end links.
4 add a sand bag( never had to do this before but i had a sub box in the trunk before.)
5. could it be a result of needing to replace the rubber bushings at hthe top of the rear shocks.
6 could it be from the fact the rears have 1.5 degrees of camber so i should get the rears realingned

the car has new michlins pilot exaltos, new eibach prokit ( used the factory rubber bushings in the rear) with the camber kits front and rear, factory rear sway bar with moog end links, and moog fronts with an eibach front bar. and a centerforce clutch

before I had kw varient 1 coilovers on the car for 3 years but never really liked them for a daily driver.

i'm going to try adding a sand bag into the hach to see if it helps maybe add some wieght to the rear so it tracks better. I know the roads suck lately but this is a little wierd even for winter driving.
did you align the car after all those suspention changes?
I found my car tended to wander on slippery roads with a lowered kit. Mostly because it had increased camber and less play in the rear.

the only cure was to slow down, as in my case it was a sign of loss of traction.
I had lowered my sedan, which now belongs to my brother, and it does the exact same thing, its so hard to keep straight at higher speeds on slippery pavement, and i sometimes felt it at 120-130 on dry. How can this be rectified?
if your rear end wanders in slippery conditions it usually means that your toe in the rear is off. I experienced this first hand after i lowered my car, and before i got it aligned.

its a simple fix. it'll cost ~100$ at alignment shop. have them set the rear toe very close to 0. (max 1/16" or 1/8" combined toe in)
yeah my rears are set 1.5 off in the rear the bottom of the tires stick out a farther then the top maybe i will take it in and have them set them to zero