FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mk3 Trunk Liner US vs. CAN Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gents. I've got a hard desire on for the standard late 11-2012 Mk3 trunk liner. Pricing it at my local dealership with fasteners it comes to about 190$ (ridic), but ordering through Village Ford from the FocusFanatics forum, with 13% tax accounted for, it comes to $169. Naturally I'm more than willing to save 20$, but I'm hestitant in case of any other duty fees I might not know about.

Has anybody order any similar sort of trims from over the border and if so, what sort of duty did you end up paying?

Cheers.
(02-26-2014, 01:05 AM)CookieMahnster Wrote: [ -> ]Gents. I've got a hard desire on for the standard late 11-2012 Mk3 trunk liner. Pricing it at my local dealership with fasteners it comes to about 190$ (ridic), but ordering through Village Ford from the FocusFanatics forum, with 13% tax accounted for, it comes to $169. Naturally I'm more than willing to save 20$, but I'm hestitant in case of any other duty fees I might not know about.

Has anybody order any similar sort of trims from over the border and if so, what sort of duty did you end up paying?

Cheers.

Over the years I've imported tens of thousands of dollars of auto parts and accessories - to the point now that I have a PO box down there and bring back stuff 2 or 3 and sometimes 4 times a month. I also have excellent wholesale suppliers and a special relationship with a Ford dealer - if you give me a part number I can give you a quote including importation into Canada.
(02-26-2014, 02:48 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2014, 01:05 AM)CookieMahnster Wrote: [ -> ]Gents. I've got a hard desire on for the standard late 11-2012 Mk3 trunk liner. Pricing it at my local dealership with fasteners it comes to about 190$ (ridic), but ordering through Village Ford from the FocusFanatics forum, with 13% tax accounted for, it comes to $169. Naturally I'm more than willing to save 20$, but I'm hestitant in case of any other duty fees I might not know about.

Cheers.

Over the years I've imported tens of thousands of dollars of auto parts and accessories - to the point now that I have a PO box down there and bring back stuff 2 or 3 and sometimes 4 times a month. I also have excellent wholesale suppliers and a special relationship with a Ford dealer - if you give me a part number I can give you a quote including importation into Canada.

You Sir, are a Saint. Right now as far as I can calculate (all in) I'm at about ~170$. Parts are...

1x CV6Z-5446-404-AA - Trunk Liner
3x W703915-S300 - Fasteners