FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Back in the Focus biz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like our friends at MBRP are back in the Focus business and in a substantial way.

Kinda surprised I didn't hear about this before now. Product pages on their website look good - includes video, dyno info, flow charts etc etc.

Focus page at MBRP
pfft...old news in the ST world :p Smile

They have been selling those since last summer. In fact, I guessed that they would be back when a third party US distributor was looking for a Focus ST owner north of Toronto to test fit a "new" ST exhaust from an unnamed Canadian manufacturer last spring.
I have an mbrp Catless downpipe on order through PI Guelph.
Oooooo I loved the ACR Viper they had sponsored the last few years in regionals. Now if they could just make something for my cute little sedan, I'd be in like flynn.
(02-27-2014, 11:30 PM)CookieMahnster Wrote: [ -> ]Oooooo I loved the ACR Viper they had sponsored the last few years in regionals. Now if they could just make something for my cute little sedan, I'd be in like flynn.

Sorry to tell you this, but they at one time did make exhausts for the Mark I and II Focus, but dropped them about 3 years ago. A number of members on here, myself included, talked directly with them about perhaps continuing to make them available on a direct, special order basis - the idea didn't fly.

I bought the last 4 MRBP Focus exhausts in existence and sold them off to members on here.

They probably would make a special run of them if someone ordered enough in a single order.
(02-28-2014, 02:47 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]They probably would make a special run of them if someone ordered enough in a single order.

I'm going to just put that idea in my back pocket good Sir, thank you. Was their any feedback on why the idea didn't fly?
(02-28-2014, 05:23 AM)CookieMahnster Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to just put that idea in my back pocket good Sir, thank you. Was their any feedback on why the idea didn't fly?

most of the time it ends up being due to how much they'll make vs how much they'll spend.
Didn't we have a member work there at one point in time lol
(03-01-2014, 09:59 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't we have a member work there at one point in time lol

Yeah that would be Korby (MuskokaZX3) but he hasn't been on here for a couple of months - his wife works there too.

At some point 18 months ago or so, he moved from the MBRP manufacturing plant to their retail parts and service business called "The Garage."
(02-28-2014, 03:28 PM)Spinal Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2014, 05:23 AM)CookieMahnster Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to just put that idea in my back pocket good Sir, thank you. Was their any feedback on why the idea didn't fly?

most of the time it ends up being due to how much they'll make vs how much they'll spend.

I wonder if theyd make/sell the mufflers and the rest would be DIY?