FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. Previously owned an '02 ZX3 but now looking to buy an SVT if anyone has one for sale in the GTA area. If anyone does please feel free to PM me and let me know.
welcome to the boards!!!
Is 219 000km to high for an svt?
how much is he asking
for an SVT there are a few areas of concern, IMHO:
- Timing BELT + Interference Motor = make sure it was replaced properly with all tensioners, etc
- VCT Solenoid - Fails over time and I've heard this taking out motors also.
- Oil coolers expensive and at that KM will be due for replacement. You either need to remove it completely or pay the $500 for a new one.
- Parts are expensive, and rare for some parts now that are SVT specific.

I think 219 isn't hat bad but the car should be very cheap considering the potential costs you will incur if things go wrong. I'm thinking 2000-2500 anything more and its way overpriced. I sold a 02 SVT 178k w/ 80k on built motor/supercharger not a spot of rust, no stained up ripped seats, certified, etested for 4.5k and it was for sale for several months with only 2 people ever interested in it.
The guys asking for 3000 but I was gonna try and talk him down to at least 2500. Everything else I've been looking at seems to be way overpriced. I really want an SVT but if I can't find anything for a decent price I might have to settle for a TDI golf/jetta as I need something for commuting to work.
Id say that's a little too high, But on the other hand if he has done the proper maintenance it might last a bit longer. Has the timing belt, waterpump, thermostat any of those things been changed?
(04-04-2014, 02:46 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]Id say that's a little too high, But on the other hand if he has done the proper maintenance it might last a bit longer. Has the timing belt, waterpump, thermostat any of those things been changed?

Haven't gotten any details on it yet but I will post when I find out.