FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: plasti dip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
has anyone here used an spray gun to paint with plasti dip?
just curious on how it lays and stuff'
think 1 gallon would be enough to cover a car or would 2 gallons be required
One gallon is deff not enough I have the earlex 3500 and sprayed my MKX with three gallons. I've got one gallon of Whit left as i was planning to use four. Talk to Ken he'll hook you up.
(04-03-2014, 11:47 PM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: [ -> ]One gallon is deff not enough I have the earlex 3500 and sprayed my MKX with three gallons. I've got one gallon of Whit left as i was planning to use four. Talk to Ken he'll hook you up.

so you think 2 gallons to do a hatchback would be enough then? im still undecided if I will even use plastidip or just get a cheap single stage matte paint
2 Might, I plan on using 2 for my ZX3 but then im going to use a pearl top coat. I didn't paint my roof white. So you might need 3 if you want a good coat of plasti dip. I can rent out my gun for $40 if your interested Wink
sounds good ill have to see what I can find. gotta find a cheap focus first lol, just planning ahead.
I have a gun so that's not an issue but thanks Big Grin
[Image: A4AAD494-2992-4B97-B730-9ED575D23202-563...5f577a.jpg]

That took 3 gallons, No roof or spoiler, I wanted to keep them black
looks pretty good!! ill be doing probably everything but the hood. I got my 2 other hoods ill probably put one of those on.(waldo or rusted)
What colour you gonna do?
camo/army green
You should see the new chameleon dip it's crazy !
ya I seen they have a bunch of new stuff out like pearls and flakes and such aswell
Where are you guys buying the dip in gallons? and are you using regular gravity feed guns for standard automotive paint or the special plasti dip gun?
There a place in Canada that sells it by the gallon. It's about 70-100$ depending on colour. I'm using a traditional air gun
(04-04-2014, 02:35 AM)Eddz4 Wrote: [ -> ]Where are you guys buying the dip in gallons? and are you using regular gravity feed guns for standard automotive paint or the special plasti dip gun?

You can check out Garage16.ca as ZTWsquared wholesales to him. If your buying a fair amount of p dip and make nice with ZTW he may sell to you directly.

I used this to spray it.

Earlex 3500
awesome thanks guys
how well does plasti dip hold up to the elements? does it need frequent touching up? do you have to be careful when washing the car? can you use normal automotive soaps and wash mit?
The dip holds up well to the elements. I dipped my rockers in the fall and the dip is still holding up, besides the odd mark where a big enough stone was able to make it noticeable. I have washed my car with all different types of soap and not a problem. Only problem is I had it krown under coated in the fall and it stained the dip on my rockers where some of the oil leaked out. The oil caused no damage however.
Bird poop takes it off lol ! , parked my car at work 8 hours later came out and it was baking in the sun probably all day . went to spray it off at the wash and dip peeled off with it .
I have underground parking at my place so im not overly worried about it there, I guess at work I wont park under the hydro lines haha
I was warned about bird poop, you gotta take that s**t off right away. I washed my MKX a few times with a power washer with no issues. Only think bugs on the white really shows, I need to buy some stuff to see if I can get rid of a few spots. I'm thinking of putting on a top coat so it's easier to clean
Pages: 1 2