FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Picked up a new E-Maxx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I went and did it... picked up a new E-Maxx Brushless Edition..

[attachment=940]

I only have the NiMh batteries for it, but have 4 3S lipos on their way. Can't wait to see what this thing can do.
nice Smile

brushless is crazy fast, I am pretty happy with my old 12T titan, it goes fast enough for me to break parts. Of course I let my 5 y/o drive it too.
I used to have a T-Maxx... It was fun, but there's a lot of maintenance when it comes to nitrometh.

The brushless systems are ridiculous though. With just two NiMh, I can do wheelies, or flip the truck with the brakes.

You should grab a brushless for cheap from hobby king and convert your beast. The difference is tasty!
always wanted to get into these things. I used to know a bit about them when I was looking for one. had a traxxas account and such, never got around to purchasing one though Sad
Got my 3s lipo today and my trenchers

[Image: ybenurup.jpg]
how much is an entry level one of these
they are common now, futureshop sells em Smile

the stampede is decent for under 400.

kijiji is your friend, I bought a Traxxas Rustler last year for $20 of kijiji, just needed to buy a new battery and a shell.
I got around to painting my SVT Raptor body...

Pearl white, black trim and smoked windows. It's going to pop really well in the sun.

[Image: pyja3e7a.jpg]
[Image: uza8uder.jpg]
[Image: ytagumyr.jpg]

It's not perfect, should have done the black trim
By brush instead of by spray, but overall, it looks pretty good.
Looks good, Ill have to snap a couple of pics of my traxxas rally
[Image: ysa5asyb.jpg]

Oops, something ain't right there..

[Image: ubuqebyz.jpg]

Sounds like my rear diff is exploded too... Both happened just doing high speed runs on rough terrain.

So I'm ordering in FLM hybrid bulkheads with 1:8th scale diffs, a Revo centre diff, and RPM shock towers.

Will put 500k oil in the centre diff so it acts more like the spool out of the box, but not be so hard on the other two diffs when the going gets rough.
And here's what's left of the rear diff... One spur gear reduced to metallic sludge.
[Image: rataju8y.jpg]
^-- I just realized that what looks like washers in that pic above is actually the innards of the ball bearing. D'oh! Ordered a set of ceramic bearings for the E-Maxx... I'm hoping they'll hold up to the abuse a bit better...
how's the progress on this coming?
Oh, I'm waiting on parts... RPM shock towers, FLM Hybrid BulkHeads with 1/8th scale diffs, Ceramic ballbearings, the e-revo center diff and appropriately heavy weight diff oil.

I'm hoping to get the parts before the end of next week. And then it's time to take it running again.
I'm also making some custom cases for my charging, remote and battery equipment...

[Image: 5u4yry6u.jpg]
Finally got my new spur gear with slipper, replacement rear diff gears and rpm shock towers....

[Image: ytaby6yv.jpg]

[Image: y6yze9a6.jpg]
that looks so badass!!

case is pretty awesome idea too. does your control fit? or what ever the proper word it lol
The case is just for my charging equipment. I'm going to get another case for the transmitter and spare batteries. For $30, you can't go wrong.
You HAVE to bring this over. My kid would lose his mind!
we could hook his wagon to it and pull him around the neighbourhood while we enjoy a few brewskies
Pages: 1 2