FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: GTA East Meets - Interest Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello boys and girls. Having made it out to the meet this past Saturday I learned that there are quite a few people East of the GTA but nobody to organize get togethers. So, I'm willing to get the ball rolling a few times at least.

If you're from GTA East and would be down to meet up/cruise once a month or a few times this season post here. Any suggestions for locations, eats, events, whatever please include and we'll see what we can put together! I am toooooold that if we can actually get a regular crowd some folks from the other side would even come out to chat cars with us.

Let me know!
I'm always down for meets, east end or west end cause I gotta drive a bit either way. Looking forward to some bigger meets this year
where abouts were you thinking around? area wise
(04-15-2014, 02:03 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm always down for meets, east end or west end cause I gotta drive a bit either way. Looking forward to some bigger meets this year

^^^ What he said.

So far you've got a response from 3 west enders - where's the East End crew?
I'm in
I'll be rocking the Mazda5 until the focus is back together....

Oshawa lake view is out, too many ricer wannabe swarm there

Country style sounds promising

Iroquois is right down the street from a cop shop, been pulled over too many times on my way to work 2 blocks over lol

Rona, private property not a good idea

AMC/Empire or whatever is called now, too busy now, but used to be the home of Explicit Contentz, CobaltSS and DRJ. Not sure if any of them still meet there. Used to be huge meets back in the day...

Ajax.... I dunno cops there used to be huge pricks
im out either way lol. hopefully once the meets closer to Hamilton start, ill make it out
Ah I see. Didn't realize there would be illegal stuff goin' on. Maybe organizing this is not for me in the end.
cops are just dumb when they see a group of mildly modified cars..
I have a buddy who's a cop and admitted that if he sees a modified car he will run there plates no questions asked, cause 9/10 they have some sort of ticket.
I don't agree with it but whatever they have nothing better to do.
doesn't mean you guys cant have a meet though. I wouldn't let that make a game changer for planning a meet
^There usually isn't... least not when I went to them. I think it's more about the police-attention factor and the negative attention and heat that OTHER car modders have brought onto us.

IMO Oshawa isn't a bad place to run a meet. I never, ever got hassled by the cops there whereas say in Aurora I got pulled over for having my lights off while the sun was starting to set (and then interrogated about my tint, where I'm going, where I'm coming from... "What're you doing driving here from Oshawa?"). I think this is more what Gord means by Ajax cops are dicks. Probably one of my more favourite memories of Oshawa is actually how little I got bothered by the cops.

If I were organizing an east end meet in Oshawa this is where I would try to do it. You get a nice view of the water as it's several 10s of feet above the water level (and you hop the fence and climb down if you really want to) and it was always quiet when I went. It's also close to the highway.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.858647,-7...X72pog!2e0
(04-16-2014, 12:20 AM)CookieMahnster Wrote: [ -> ]Ah I see. Didn't realize there would be illegal stuff goin' on. Maybe organizing this is not for me in the end.

We've been doing the west end Massiv Monday meets for 6 or 7 years now and I've only seen the cops cruise by us once - they asked a few questions and went on their way.

We've also never had any problems with cops pulling us over on our way out - even when we combined our meet with the Mazda guys and had 20 or 30 cars.

There is no intent to do anything legal in our meets - but as was said before, modified cars tend to get the attention of the cops.
(04-16-2014, 12:20 AM)CookieMahnster Wrote: [ -> ]Ah I see. Didn't realize there would be illegal stuff goin' on. Maybe organizing this is not for me in the end.

Lol no nothing illegal going on, just making suggestions.

I've been a part of quite a few different meets over the years in Durham, and it only takes one joker to peel out of a parking lot to piss off local business owners and have the cops "drop by" to see what we're doing on private property.

And I doubt anyone on this forum would be that joker either.

I just want the east end meets to be successful as the west end meets are Big Grin
Wonderful then.

(04-16-2014, 12:42 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.858647,-7...X72pog!2e0

Yes! That is exactly the spot I had in mind. Far enough away from the hotheads on the other end of the beach, good spot for photos, best view of the lake around, a nice green space we can bbq at. All sorts of good.

I also don't think Iroquois would be too bad as I literally spend days upon days at the skatepark there (yes I skate) and have had more than a fair share of chats with the local cops. The cop shop nearby is OPP and they never, ever bother us. Some of the guys I skate with drive the more flashy Subarus and raced up looking BMWs among other things and never a peep out of the cops. Might be worth a try anyway.

Of course, informing the police that we'd be in the area ahead of time as enthusiasts sharing our rides would also look good on us in the long run, maybe even help. Building postiive networks/relationships and all that. I'm going to poke a few contacts and see if I can't get something along that detail out of the DRPS.

Any other locations keep posting! I'm sure there are spots in the northern areas but I was just trying to keep things close to the highway. One spot I know to have held car meets a few times last year was the old Cullen Gardens parking lot in Whitby. Not the greatest pavement but a nice quiet spot tucked away. Check the link... https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=cullen+gar...CAgQ_AUoAQ ...super chill route coming off Salem (from the West) up to Taunton and across into Whitby.
I'd stop by, probably on my bike tho.
When the focus is rolling on all four's I'll make it out. I gotta stop putting mileage on the truck or I'll have to buy a new one sooner then expected...
(04-16-2014, 08:27 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]When the focus is rolling on all four's I'll make it out. I gotta stop putting mileage on the truck or I'll have to buy a new one sooner then expected...

You could always come out with me John.
That's true. Also depending whether or not I'm on call that night too lol
Wow. That's Far East!!!

I thought you meant Scarborough!
(04-24-2014, 07:49 PM)lineofcontrol2 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. That's Far East!!!

I thought you meant Scarborough!

Yeah - a Scarborough or even Pickering location will significantly increase the number of west end guys that come out to an east end meeting vs. Oshawa.
Scarborough.
Pages: 1 2