FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys. Looking for an exhaust for my car, I have an 07 hatch back and would like one that doesn't require much if any modification to make it fit. I'm in the Kitchener Waterloo area and would like to find one for around $100.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks
(04-25-2014, 08:18 AM)_JET_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys. Looking for an exhaust for my car, I have an 07 hatch back and would like one that doesn't require much if any modification to make it fit. I'm in the Kitchener Waterloo area and would like to find one for around $100.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks

I have an OE exhaust off my '07 wagon (cat back) - essentially unused, I took it off at 15k. The only modification you'd need to do is cut off about 5 or 6 inches of tailpipe; it is identical to the hatch all the way up to the point that it passes the rear subframe. The meet point would be Campbellville - so not too far from where you're at - and I'd only need $75.
Sorry I should have mentioned that I'm looking aftermarket system... something with a bit of tone to it. thanks for the reply
What about a stock svt system ? I have two lol
Would they fit my 07 and do they sound any different?
I have a catback aftermarket from an '01 ZX3. Not sure if it will fit yours. Looking to trade for stock OEM.
If it fits we could trade. Do you know the make? And what condition is it in?
(04-26-2014, 01:16 AM)_JET_ Wrote: [ -> ]If it fits we could trade. Do you know the make? And what condition is it in?

I think the brand is Borla, cat-back stainless steel. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with it, but I haven't gone under and examined it. I just want to take everything back to stock, that's my only reason for wanting to get rid of it. You are more than free to take a look at it if you want. I just don't know if the '01 hatch and '07 hatch are direct fit.
(04-29-2014, 01:49 AM)fmirenzi Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2014, 01:16 AM)_JET_ Wrote: [ -> ]If it fits we could trade. Do you know the make? And what condition is it in?

I think the brand is Borla, cat-back stainless steel. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with it, but I haven't gone under and examined it. I just want to take everything back to stock, that's my only reason for wanting to get rid of it. You are more than free to take a look at it if you want. I just don't know if the '01 hatch and '07 hatch are direct fit.

Very interested in this, where are you located?

Any of the experts on here know of the 01 and 07 exhausts can be interchanged easily?

Fswerks has their exhaust posted on their website as 2000-2007 so I'm guessing it will fit
(04-29-2014, 02:03 AM)_JET_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2014, 01:49 AM)fmirenzi Wrote: [ -> ]

Very interested in this, where are you located?

Any of the experts on here know of the 01 and 07 exhausts can be interchanged easily?

Fswerks has their exhaust posted on their website as 2000-2007 so I'm guessing it will fit

I am in the Greater Toronto Area. But I think actually the Borla doesn't fit on the '07. I have to double check.
I'm sure that it wouldn't be hard to modify to fit my car. Let me know what you find out
You might be able to weld the flanges, but I'm pretty sure your '07 exhaust won't fit on mine. I will start looking for an OEM '01 exhaust in the meantime and I will put the Borla aside for you in case you haven't found anything yet.
Awesome, one guy above was selling an svt exhaust... not sure if that is oem enough for you but it might fit and sound stock
(04-30-2014, 02:37 AM)_JET_ Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome, one guy above was selling an svt exhaust... not sure if that is oem enough for you but it might fit and sound stock

Yes, it is stock enough, but it won't fit a non-SVT. I would need the SVT header, et cetera... Sad
(05-02-2014, 08:10 AM)fmirenzi Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2014, 02:37 AM)_JET_ Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome, one guy above was selling an svt exhaust... not sure if that is oem enough for you but it might fit and sound stock

Yes, it is stock enough, but it won't fit a non-SVT. I would need the SVT header, et cetera... Sad

Oh too bad!
When do you need it by?
Would like it as soon as I can get it... if I have to wait a little bit that's fine too.
Ok well mine it a bit of a Frankenstein but I was going to put it up for sale for the same price as your offering. $100.

You will need to have the front part modded to install as I chopped the header off to get it out for another member. Nothing crazy but a shop can handle it.

Starts out 2.5" Magnaflow HighFlow CAT Ceramic (from a Maserati)
to a 18" Long SS Resonator
Then it goes to the 2.5" Magnaflow WideOpen Axle Back Muffler and 4" Tip.
Sounds good but like I said it's a bit of a Frankenstein.
Here is a sound clip in a shitty vid I made way back when lol. But this doesn't have the resonator on it. I installed one to keep a girl happy lol. But it isn't raspy now. It's nice and deep.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=113...7022784684
Where are you located?
I'm in Brampton. It's still in the car but give me a couple of weeks to get it off.
Pages: 1 2