FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Desparate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if anyone in the GTA can help, and I know it's a really busy time, but, just thought I'd see if anyone can help. Long story short, my mechanic buddy has injured himself and is bedridden these days and can't help. I have to do a fair amount of work on the beloved Focus, Front Wheel Bearings, both Lower Ball joints, Timing Belt, Thermostat. Just asking if someone could help, using your tools and a clear garage. I will be able to assist, ( or get in the way) and will buy all lunches, coffees etc, as well as a few extra bits of cash to you. The big problem is, I need to do the work on either December 20th or the 21st.
yikes, those aren't small jobs either. You probably need both the 20 and 21!!

Good luck.
You got the SPI right? I got tools and I've only changed the timing belt on a Zetec. Lower ball Joints require to be cut out by a torch. I've tried drilling out the rivets before but I ended up using a torch I borrowed from my boss. The thermostat is pretty easy to do. As for the wheel bearings I think you need a press.
I found a mechanic in Toronto who works Saturdays, so I'm going to take it to him to do the Bearings and Ball joints and the thermostat. According to Ford, they don't sell ball joints, but sell lower control arms or whatever they're called, which, although the part is costlier, may save me labour cost of bangin' or cuttin' out a joint. I will hopefully do the Timing Belt myself sooner rather than later. I have to go to Ottawa on the 23rd., and don't want the wheels falling off!
You dont want to be stranded if the timing belt goes too! It's not to hard of a job just make sure that motors at Top Dead Center before you start ripping things apart!
better to be stranded than in a ditch, or hitting someone when you lose control. ZTS has a Zetec