FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Roof top tent on wagon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Anyone here have any experience with using a Maggiolina or similar roof top tent on a Focus wagon?

Thanks.

Norval
never heard of that before but after a quick google search, looks pretty awesome haha
Wow those ARE cool!!
(05-02-2014, 06:34 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]Wow those ARE cool!!
That would be badass , I'll have to look into one of those in the future .
Nope, not for me. First is the issue of cost. These units ain't cheap (and I am a real cheap old guy.) Second is the issue of the Focus wagon roof rack. These ARE cheap (which is why they were removed from SVT-WGN.) Third, I am three score and eight as well as gravitationally challenged. Climb a ladder in the dark. Think again. Fourth, tents allow you to claim a piece of real estate in the campground. A chair or other small item does not.

That all said, for a young person, sleeping in a tent is a fantastic way to tour. One of the best years of my life was spent in Europe touring the continent, the British Isles, the Middle East and North Africa in 1970 and 1971. Slept the entire year in a tent with exceptions in Egypt (Youth Hostel) and behind the Iron Curtain (Bed & Breakfasts). The latter were a necessary luxury. To tour behind the Iron Curtain, you were forced to spend (no refunds) a minimum amount per day in advance.

Even today, I would recommend tenting. Set it up and you have a claim on that piece of real estate. Drive away, and you may not get it back.