FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: my focus build(s)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so i have been told to start a build thread here and I thought it would be a good idea as to have only one place to ask questions and opinions through out what I am certain will be the next couple years. for the time being im just going to show what I have got since I havent dived too far into anything at the moment Smile

the 2006 gfx; the soon to be rally car

[Image: 20140531_150734_zps0gxjnrqk.jpg]

and the 2002 SVT; hopefully a pretty mean daily

[Image: 20140531_133529_zpsss5vf3gg.jpg]

anyways, i hope this works out well enough to provide alot of content for this thread. we'll see how much the bank likes me lol
nice set of cars..good solid cars...is the SVT an EAP model?
(06-08-2014, 12:14 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]nice set of cars..good solid cars...is the SVT an EAP model?

you know i am not 100% certain, it has everything the 02 should have for that minus the heated seats. so my guess would be no. id have to check the VIN

also thanks, I'm looking forward to working on them finally.
(06-08-2014, 04:30 AM)Mobius Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2014, 12:14 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]nice set of cars..good solid cars...is the SVT an EAP model?

you know i am not 100% certain, it has everything the 02 should have for that minus the heated seats. so my guess would be no. id have to check the VIN

There was no EAP version in 2002 for the SVT Focus they started out in 2003. That answers that question lol Also key features you would be able to tell are: Recaro black leather seats, Mach HID's, EAP wheels
(06-09-2014, 11:17 AM)0XDESVT Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2014, 04:30 AM)Mobius Wrote: [ -> ]

There was no EAP version in 2002 for the SVT Focus they started out in 2003. That answers that question lol Also key features you would be able to tell are: Recaro black leather seats, Mach HID's, EAP wheels

ah there we go, lol thanks for the info
well i did a little bit of work over the past week on the GFX. over the winter the car got some dings on the left rear door, and I lost the paint on them. luckily no rust or any issues came about except the cosmetic one, so rather then doing a 3k respray, which i dont have the money for, i went for a more hoonigan approach. some people may not like it, but whatever haha.

the damage:
[Image: 20140531_162248_zpsthdghsv2.jpg]

the option:
[Image: 20140607_174217_zpsaycxhmrl.jpg]

so i covered the chip with a blue patch in order to have an even coat over top of the chip and then not deal with the look of two tone black.

[Image: 20140607_174709_zpsrmbcezgb.jpg]

[Image: 20140607_174841_zpswe2wuqel.jpg]

[Image: 20140607_175306_zpspiyjsecg.jpg]

this was the hardest part, getting the painters tape of without knocking the stencil about, i did end up knocking it off of course, but luckily the lines stayed pretty sharp.

[Image: 20140607_182047_zpssw6dxrmt.jpg]

the drips are intentional

still needs to get a wipe down but I was actually pretty happy, with the way it turned out.

[Image: 20140607_182654_zpshmtyqkob.jpg]
Looks good, would like to see a whole car view though
(06-10-2014, 10:21 AM)zx3wantobesvt Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good, would like to see a whole car view though

of course lol in my haste I forgot to even take a picture, luckily the gf had one;

[Image: d0da09c8-582b-489e-90b2-9f56d22f5bc1_zpsce204ad3.jpg]

I also finally received my sparco mud flaps, which if anyone has any tips for installing would be great, seems pretty straight forward, but as with anything automotive, it will probably be stupid Rolleyes

[Image: 20140610_214006_zpsuqtsyq8v.jpg]
That's quite a big cover up for a little damage.
there were more chips to the left of the initial picture, they were so spread out that it needed to be a large cover, beside I like the stencil, but I didnt expect everyone else to.
I really like it Smile good job.
thank man, Im quite happy with it. Smile

now i need some help if anyone has any experience with the mud flaps, not necessarily the exact same as the sparco, but i am not sure how to get the rear ones mounted on the GFX, the rear bumper cover with the wheel well insert doesnt seem like it would be strong enough and for the life of me I cant find anything on installing it. help.....
so I figured out the mud flaps, fortunately without any redrills, they turned out pretty good and seem to hold up to standard highway speeds without any flapping about.

[Image: 20140615_200620_zpskiaac8rr.jpg]

[Image: 20140615_200631_zpswf6arwxj.jpg]

the front need to be trimmed and adjusted as they rub a bit, but now that i have the fittings, its a simple fix. I also mounted the rear up into the wheel well, because I wasnt sure if I could trust the rear bumper to behave, but over all it seems to have worked out quite well. I might post a how-to if anyone is interested, since I found absolutely zero things about it on the net.
What's the price tag on sparco flaps? -.^ Just curious.

It's looking good. Always liked that style of sedan Focus.
they run about 25 bucks a set. i got them a bit cheaper but thats the perks of working in parts Smile

and thanks, I figured a bit of obnoxious-ness is what the car needed haha
(06-19-2014, 04:50 AM)Mobius Wrote: [ -> ]they run about 25 bucks a set. i got them a bit cheaper but thats the perks of working in parts Smile

I know the feeling. my car wouldn't be where it is today if I didn't work at a performance shop haha
Right! Who's hiring?! I need stuff for my car! But I'm stuck working at a sister plant to Honda, so I get nothing. :-( lol
ill let you know if i hear anything lol Tongue and I am curious, what is Honda's sister plant in Ontario?
acura?
(06-19-2014, 10:11 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]acura?

Pretty sure the Acura comes out of the same plant as the Honda - he might be talking about a plant / supplier that does some sort of sub-assembly
Pages: 1 2