FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New To Forum - Start of Rally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

To make a long story short early spring I bought a 2005 ZX5 that has run some TSD rally events and Targa Newfoundland twice. I thought I would play and just see where it goes. Of course, with all of the racing background I have (never in the car world thouhg) I'm starting to get a little carried away. Where this will go I'm not sure yet, but I've spent a lot of money on the car in the last few months and will be racing RallyX in Bancroft this Sunday. Yesterday I broke a brand new axle in 6 minutes and we still have a lot of work to do before leaving for the race tomorrow...

Will this lead to performance rally within the next year? I'm really not sure yet...sounds like fun though!

Devin Varcoe
Alliston, On.

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 - Bolt in cage, race seats, intake, exhaust, bigger throttle body, 4.06 end gears, Hot Bits DT1 Suspension, Exedy Stage 1 clutch, gravel tires on 15s, street tires on SVT 17s, skid plates and more...
(06-20-2014, 11:32 PM)Devin Varcoe Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

To make a long story short early spring I bought a 2005 ZX5 that has run some TSD rally events and Targa Newfoundland twice. I thought I would play and just see where it goes. Of course, with all of the racing background I have (never in the car world thouhg) I'm starting to get a little carried away. Where this will go I'm not sure yet, but I've spent a lot of money on the car in the last few months and will be racing RallyX in Bancroft this Sunday. Yesterday I broke a brand new axle in 6 minutes and we still have a lot of work to do before leaving for the race tomorrow...

Will this lead to performance rally within the next year? I'm really not sure yet...sounds like fun though!

Devin Varcoe
Alliston, On.

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 - Bolt in cage, race seats, intake, exhaust, bigger throttle body, 4.06 end gears, Hot Bits DT1 Suspension, Exedy Stage 1 clutch, gravel tires on 15s, street tires on SVT 17s, skid plates and more...

Sounds like fun big time - welcome to the site - if you have some pics please share them with us.

Good luck in Bancroft.
Thanks. I'm sure it will be a great time and wonderful learning experience. With time I'll get some pics up...just jamming last minute to get ready to go!