FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2008 + and Newer Main Vacuum Line Hose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an '08 and I'm looking for a definitive answer, to where I can find the "main manifold vacuum line that [key-phrase] DISTRIBUTES EVENLY TO ALL CYLINDERS."

I've seen lots of posts related to the older model engines, but not the new Duratec engine bay layouts.

[Image: 62675161.jpg]
What are you even talking about? Can you circle what you are looking for in the picture? I assume you took it to a shop to diagnose an issue
there's a vacuum line to each cylinder?
Are you trying to hook up vacuum/boost gauge?
I can't circle anything in the photo because I don't know what I'm looking for looks like.

I'm looking for the main vacuum/distribution line from where the primary vacuum is created or maybe even the brake booster line.

Want to Seafoam the engine through the vacuum line but want to ensure it gets into all cylinders.

I gotta say I've never been familiar with the vacuum system and what it does and how it works so I don't know what exactly I need other than needing to evenly Seafoam the intake valves of each cylinder.
(06-25-2014, 05:48 AM)andrewsfm Wrote: [ -> ]I can't circle anything in the photo because I don't know what I'm looking for looks like.

I'm looking for the main vacuum/distribution line from where the primary vacuum is created or maybe even the brake booster line.

Want to Seafoam the engine through the vacuum line but want to ensure it gets into all cylinders.

I gotta say I've never been familiar with the vacuum system and what it does and how it works so I don't know what exactly I need other than needing to evenly Seafoam the intake valves of each cylinder.
Pretty much any vacuum hose will eventually "feed" into the air intake, at which point the normal mixing of air and fuel would take place and accordingly, mix in the seafoam with it.

Just a thought though - I don't know the answer myself but you may want to investigate whether or not seafoam is compatible with a plastic intake.
it will work on the plastic manifold. Pull the brake booster line and use that. But the intake manifold may collect the fluid in the bottom until the rudders are open above 3,000RPM. That's the way it worked for me way back when.
(06-25-2014, 12:11 PM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]it will work on the plastic manifold. Pull the brake booster line and use that. But the intake manifold may collect the fluid in the bottom until the rudders are open above 3,000RPM. That's the way it worked for me way back when.

Alright, was worried about the manifold when it was brought up, but Berryman is the plastic eater, not Seafoam.

I'll pour it in slowly and let it bog for a few minutes, and then dump the rest in at once to kill the engine and then let it sit.

Start her up in about 15 mins and then take her for a highway run to pull in the rest.

Where is the brake booster line in that photo though?
1/2" line to the left of the TB
This one?
Do not dump it all in to stall the engine. Don't want to risk a hydro-lock