FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Trivia Font Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: YNyhDsw.jpg]

With old age, I can't remember if anyone has ever posted this information. Does anyone know the exact Font Name used by Ford for the SVT emblem? The closest approximation I have found is called Eros Bold ITC, but it is not exactly the same. Good enough maybe for who it is for, but if anyone knows the exact font name, it would be appreciated. Thank you for looking.

02ztsian

I think that Futura Extra Black Italic BT is the correct font-with a little tweaking by Fords designers.
(07-21-2014, 08:02 AM)SVT-WGN Wrote: [ -> ]With old age, I can't remember if anyone has ever posted this information. Does anyone know the exact Font Name used by Ford for the SVT emblem? The closest approximation I have found is called Eros Bold ITC, but it is not exactly the same. Good enough maybe for who it is for, but if anyone knows the exact font name, it would be appreciated. Thank you for looking.

Being a "brand" icon which is registered, there's a good chance this is a one-off design and although perhaps based on an existing font, it probably has no font name per se.
Thank you 02ztsian. For some reason I did not have Futura in my fonts. Loaded Futura Extra Black Italic BT, tried it and it is much closer than anything else I had. Now if only MS Word allowed me to double-bold the font, it would probably be perfect.