FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is 05-07 Instrument cluster plug and play?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am looking to replace my aging 2003 wagon with a 2005-2007 version. I am finding a lot of low-spec cars (not sure of the model designations in that time period).

If I bought a car with the no-tach dash, is it a simple "plug and play" conversion to upgrade to a better cluster from a wrecker? Any gotchas?

Thanks for any input.

Bob the Duck Canuck
You will need a cluster from 00-04 for your car
05+ have different wiring sequences in the plug.
If you really want an 05+ you'll need to swap connectors and use a wiring diagram to source what goes where for it to work.

I have an 00-02 cluster with tach that I had bought for a friend with an 06 and it wasn't a direct swap, so he bailed on the idea. 179k I believe .

You can have it for $75 plus shipping

02ztsian

I think the point of the post was he is replacing his 03 wagon with a different 05-07 wagon.
The 05-07 no-tach cluster swap for an 05-07 tach cluster is the question.
Just remember the mileage is stored in the cluster not the ECU and thus you will need to determine the mileage of the donor cluster and compare to the existing cars mileage.
(08-04-2014, 09:38 AM)02ztsian Wrote: [ -> ]I think the point of the post was he is replacing his 03 wagon with a different 05-07 wagon.
The 05-07 no-tach cluster swap for an 05-07 tach cluster is the question.
Just remember the mileage is stored in the cluster not the ECU and thus you will need to determine the mileage of the donor cluster and compare to the existing cars mileage.

It's plug and play - but also ^^^ true about the km indication.

Decent how-to here
(08-04-2014, 10:18 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]It's plug and play - but also ^^^ true about the km indication.

Decent how-to here

OK, thanks for the info, and the heads up about the kms.

And thanks a ton for the link to the how-to.

Still have not found the right 05-07, but I know she is out there....

Bob the Duck Canuck