FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: St Foci Seats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I just want to know if anyone has or knows anything about fabricating the 2 front seats in the 05 focus zx4, my goal is to lower them a few inchs i feel like i sit really high in the car. I dont want to buy racing seats.
even if you lower the seat all the way down still feels high?
weird, i dont think that was an issue on my 00 ZX3
I went the racing seat way for a while and it felt like I was sitting on the floor. It was very hard getting in and out. Other than having someone cut and TIG them back together I don't think there is any other way.
And while the chop and weld idea is ok in theory, you might wanna make sure (somhow?) that they're just as secure in their new form as they were stock. In stock form, they pass through federal safety regs... and hacked up seats may not be as safe as stock.

Just a little food for thought :)
if your hurt in an accident due to seat malfunction and you've got non stock seats. be it racing or not, you won't be covered by insurance. Same would imply if airbags injured you or passengers due to seat hight, etc, etc.

hardk0re,Dec 15 2008, 10:40 AM Wrote:if your hurt in an accident due to seat malfunction and you've got non stock seats. be it racing or not, you won't be covered by insurance.  Same would imply if airbags injured you or passengers due to seat hight, etc, etc.
[right][snapback]278251[/snapback][/right]

That is a very good point Kev. I didn't even think twice about that when I had my MOMO's in the car. But if you were to cut and re-weld TIG is the strongest way to go.