FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Blowing Fuse #42 (Brake lamps)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wondering if anyone can help me isolate where is my short.
Whenever I replace FUSE #42 (10A Stop lamps, Shift interlock), and apply the brakes, the fuse blows and I am without brake lights!
Where does the wire harness go through the car?

PS, this if for my 2007 ST.

Thanks
I more or less isolated it to the rear.
I unplugged both harness in the trunk and the fuse does not blow now.
I took apart the third brake light and all seams ok.
The licence plate lights do not turn on with light switch on, and are heavily corroded.
Anyone have the wiring diagrams for the 2007 Focus?
Also, I 'd like to know, do your brake lights turn on when you push the pedal without turning on key switch at all? I thought they are supposed to, mine don't but don't blow the fuse unless my key position is either on ACC or start.
I follow the wires pretty much everywhere and still can't find the short Sad
Thanks
I've got a couple of Ford DVDs, I'll see if I can find something useful. In the meantime, your brake lights won't work with the ignition off; "the stoplamp switch routes voltage to the generic electronic module (GEM) ... and the GEM then supplies voltage to the rear lamps." IE: no power to the GEM, no power to the stop lamps.

(09-15-2014, 08:33 AM)Gravter Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have the wiring diagrams for the 2007 Focus?
Also, I 'd like to know, do your brake lights turn on when you push the pedal without turning on key switch at all? I thought they are supposed to, mine don't but don't blow the fuse unless my key position is either on ACC or start.
I follow the wires pretty much everywhere and still can't find the short Sad
Thanks
Oh! That's how it works!
I thought the brake lights came on whenever the pedal was engaged.
Oh well, learn something new everyday eh!
I hope to get this fixed up soon as this is my winter car. My '14 ST will be sleeping in the garage this winter :p
Thanks! Smile