FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Plastidipped - VW Beetle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I thought I would make a post showing you a car I just got dont plastidipping. The car is a 2000 VW Beetle TDI, its the car I drive around for work. My company bought this car because I'm on the road a lot and its cheap to drive, however the outside of the car was in really bad shape. I suggested that we plastidip it since its a cheap way to refresh the outside of the car. Here are some pictures of the process

A few shots of the car before:
[attachment=1076]
[attachment=1077]

The car starting to get coated in black
[attachment=1078]
[attachment=1079]
[attachment=1080]

Then we started to mix and add the brown flake
[attachment=1081]

First coat
[attachment=1082]

Second Coat
[attachment=1083]

[attachment=1084]
[attachment=1085]

And the car pretty much finished.
[attachment=1086]
[attachment=1087]

We are pretty happy with the outcome, it looks a whole lot better then it did. It pretty much covered the old decals the previous owner had, you can only see a faint raised outline from the old decals. If I was to do it again I would use an extra gallon of black to cover the car a bit more, there are a few spots that you can see a little bit of green under from the black being a bit thin. Thanks Ken for helping me out to get everything that we needed for the project
looks really good man. I like that a lot
Very nicely done!
Sweet , looks much better .
Thanks guys, if anyone is planning to do a project like this and has any questions just let me know. I'm happy to help. This makes me want to do this to my car, since my bumpers and side skirts I have collected are different colors then my car
do they spray inside the nooks and crannies ie: the door jambs, under the hood, the metal areas covered by carpet liners, etc.
No we just popped up the hood a bit so it got under the hood a bit. We just did the outside. If I was doing my car and changing the color I would think about doing the jambs and the rest. This was just to make it look better then the faded green it was before