FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Other Non-Ford...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have another car yet again...I mentioned a while back that I bought a 98 Civic Si-G that I killed the engine in within 3 months after buying it. I got that car below market value, but I scored even better, with something actually quick and nimble, again for below market value...

[Image: IMG_20140404_190025.jpg]

[Image: Frontw-steeliesDoctored.jpg]

[Image: RightRearw-steeliesDoctored.jpg]

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, with a QR25de, 6MT, LSD, and other goodies.

I will eventually get some better pictures of this thing, and plan to do some work on it. It is my DD, but it's been pretty good so far, and hasn't broken the bank in repairs.

It's actually pretty quick for an 11 year old NA 4 cyl with almost 190K on it, and the steering and handling is very good too, even stock. So far I have put a K&N Air Filter on it, K&N Oil Filter, new NGK Iridium spark plugs, and some GE Nighthawk bulbs in the front and rear as they burn out. I also put another stereo in it too. It's slowly turning out to be a project/hobby car at the same time as a DD.
wow nice car, you change cars more than people change underwear ,but good choice, ive never been a fans of nisans

(12-11-2014, 01:10 PM)Drivesthebeast Wrote: [ -> ]I have another car yet again...I mentioned a while back that I bought a 98 Civic Si-G that I killed the engine in within 3 months after buying it. I got that car below market value, but I scored even better, with something actually quick and nimble, again for below market value...

[Image: IMG_20140404_190025.jpg]

[Image: Frontw-steeliesDoctored.jpg]

[Image: RightRearw-steeliesDoctored.jpg]

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, with a QR25de, 6MT, LSD, and other goodies.

I will eventually get some better pictures of this thing, and plan to do some work on it. It is my DD, but it's been pretty good so far, and hasn't broken the bank in repairs.

It's actually pretty quick for an 11 year old NA 4 cyl with almost 190K on it, and the steering and handling is very good too, even stock. So far I have put a K&N Air Filter on it, K&N Oil Filter, new NGK Iridium spark plugs, and some GE Nighthawk bulbs in the front and rear as they burn out. I also put another stereo in it too. It's slowly turning out to be a project/hobby car at the same time as a DD.
Couldn't complain, found it for $2K out in Metcalfe, I was the only person willing to make the trip out of Ottawa to look at it. The car bone stock would likely pose a threat to many other compact/economy cars, and it has been pretty reliable so far in the year and a half I have owned it. Just maintenance stuff, a set of summer rubber, etc.
cant complain at all, u got a nice car for a nice price, but u should be posting this in "from the street" perhaps, I'll let it go this time, but next time post in the correct forum.

(12-14-2014, 06:36 AM)Drivesthebeast Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't complain, found it for $2K out in Metcalfe, I was the only person willing to make the trip out of Ottawa to look at it. The car bone stock would likely pose a threat to many other compact/economy cars, and it has been pretty reliable so far in the year and a half I have owned it. Just maintenance stuff, a set of summer rubber, etc.
Not sure if above comment was serious, wrong thread? Was the Mercury Villager minivan manufactured and sold by Ford nothing more than a rebadged variant of the Nissan Quest? That should make the Sentra SE-R Spec V at least a distant second cousin.

Several years ago I test drove a used Spec V. Just after I jerked the car into motion, the salesman asked if I had ever driven a standard (the engagement point was quite low). Went through the gears, found sixth just a little stiff to get into. Coming back via a curvy set of S-bends I braked, blipped the throttle and downshifted at the same time. "Okay, he said, you have driven a standard before."

Might have bought it too, except the air conditioner was luke-cool, not cold, the driver's side power window did not work (neither did the remote mirror, nor the remote door lock). I never checked further, but I suspect the car had been T-boned on the driver side and the repairs were not complete.
I bet that K&N oil filter did some major add up......
Lol, the oil filter just seemed like a good idea. I run mobil1 full synthetic in it most of the time, sometimes Royal Purple...however, like many Japanese cars, the engine lasts as long as you keep adding oil to it (which I must, engineering flaws in the qr25de h.o). I am going to get my hands on a Magnaflow cat-back and DC 4_2_1 header for it. If I can find a Nismo or Injen intake for it, I might get a tune, which brings these cars closer to their advertised hp/tq without a turbo. If I was to want this car to be my toy, I would do the VQ35 swap and call it a day.
(12-17-2014, 11:50 PM)Drivesthebeast Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, the oil filter just seemed like a good idea. I run mobil1 full synthetic in it most of the time, sometimes Royal Purple...however, like many Japanese cars, the engine lasts as long as you keep adding oil to it (which I must, engineering flaws in the qr25de h.o). I am going to get my hands on a Magnaflow cat-back and DC 4_2_1 header for it. If I can find a Nismo or Injen intake for it, I might get a tune, which brings these cars closer to their advertised hp/tq without a turbo. If I was to want this car to be my toy, I would do the VQ35 swap and call it a day.

Do Brembo swap. Limited edition came with those from calipers from factory.
The thing with the Brembo's, is that they didn't have the ability of ABS. You had to take it or leave it. Also, most of the cars (if not all) that have the Brembo's had a sunroof and the Rockford Fosgate Audio Fanitic sound system, mine is one that has everything on it, except for those 3 options.
.....you don't need ABS