FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 08+ dashboard in a 00
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just so some crazy people like me know, the 08+ dashboard fits perfectly, frame heaterbox and all into 2000+ cars with no physical modification. The steering columns are different so I reused my 2000 and welded new studs onto the frame. Wiring on the other hand.... Its a bitch. But its possible. I have the radio, heater controls and display working. I had to use my 2000 cluster cut up a bit to fit though. This cars bus isn't can bus like the 08+, so the cluster won't work. [attachment=1089]
[attachment=1090]
[attachment=1091]
[attachment=1092]
Here are some more complete shots.
quite interesting indeed, nice job.
hmmm interesting
I now need to see if 08+ door panels even come close to fitting my doors. Or maybe make something. Who knows. Solid as a rock, no rattles. Looks awesome too.
kinda sucks about the gauge cluster not working.
what are you going to do with the pillars?
The 08 has pillars that only go to the headliner, which almost snap into place, so I'm going to cut a set of stock 00 ones where the 08s left off to cover up the seam. I only have the passenger side one from the 08. I didn't grab them till one was already gone.

And it does suck about the gauge cluster because the newer ones look way cooler. I'm thinking of using a tablet and an odb2 reader and the torque app as a cluster in the future. Or a custom app. The only thing I'm unsure of is the fuel level.
Wow nice work
Thanks! The worst part about anything used: getting up in the -15 weather and popping the blower motor resistor, while just replacing the one I took out and having them not be the same. Hurricane cold air till the highway, fire air on the highway then back down to mildly warm air driving into work Hahaha. I parked to eat my mcmuffin at work and literally watched the temp gauge creep down. And yes I know my thermostat is good haha.
Hey your the dude I seen at princess auto lol . Very Nice work , I've always had this thought in my mind and it's good to see it actually done . So you actually got everything to work ? The dash loom plugs into the same spots ? . Much butter than that tan dash .
Hey man! And the wiring harness from the 08 I had to strip down to the bare heater/radio/display wires that go to the 08 smart junction box, and hook it up as a second separate system. So this is by no means plug and play lol. If Anyone wants to do a swap like this I can give help and all the Mitchell wiring diagrams. I ended up with a harness with power, ground, ignition, accessory and blower motor power wires and two fuse boxes lol
seen you yesterday at Kenny u-pull. cars looking good man
Thanks! Its constantly evolving. I'm going to have to collect all my pics and make a build thread soon. Smile
I took one yesterday of it when you were there. just the back end of it
She's dirty and broken as all hell though. Winter was rough. Still rocking being part of the one car club though haha