FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: new guy from Edmonton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello from Edmonton! New to the world of Ford Focus. I just bought a 2001 SE wagon with a MT75 and 2.0l Zetec. I've had to do a few repairs to it thus far with a short list of modifications.
16" Cougar wheels painted black, MK1.5 overhead console, swapped in leather, heated seats, aftermarket radio with ZTW dash panel, debadged, painted grill.

Repairs thus far; valve cover gasket, repaired wiring to the hatch, plugs, wires, coil pack.

Future planned mods will be window tint, lowering springs, clear markers and maybe some HIDs.

I'm Steve, pleased to meet you.
welcome to the boards. nice start you got there. there's a few guys on here that can really help you with your wagon
Welcome to the forum. From someone closer to you than most, like from Saskatchewan. Here are a couple of shots of my toy, a full SVT Wagon. If you need any ideas, prices, etc. feel free to PM me. Worst thing I will do is ignore you (only because I'm old and do not check messages very often.)

This is what the car looked like in 2011 when we drove down to Carlisle Pennsylvania for the Ford Nationals.

[Image: 2ec0v34.jpg]

And this is the current appearance taken at a Show & Shine at A&W in Regina last summer.

[Image: u2Ie6bU.jpg]

[Image: u8KjmnX.jpg]
Nice wagon!
I'm a little late to the party in trying to scrounge parts for a 15 year old car.
I've yet to come across aftermarket taillights like you have.

I've been mostly concentrating on adding OEM Focus parts from the wreckers. I don't have a whole lot of money to spend so I have to be pretty resourceful.

Clear corners and grill with clear markers are on order. I'm holding off on HIDs until I decide if I want to swap out the headlights. I really like your headlights and there still seems to be quite a selection available still.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Okay false modesty does not become me. Full credit for the realization of this project goes to my youngest son (and his friends) who did all the work. One of his friends did the tint (and did a fantastic job); another helped with the engine, transmission, interior, dash, etc. swap just so I could have a wagon with a six speed. The headlight covers are not legal here for driving on the street, so they only get installed when parked at a Show & Shine event.

Many of the items were obtained off eBay and Kijiji as well as our own SGI Salvage website. Like you, I try to find the most reasonable priced (read cheap) parts. Fortunately, I have managed to get lucky more than once. Two SVT write-offs from SGI and one bumper from Kijiji (Edmonton) are my major scores.

In the rare chance you spot something on the SGI Salvage website (<= click the link) that you absolutely must have and you can swing the price, let me know. I do have a farm to store write-offs until you can get down to pick up the parts. Or if you want a window tint, ask and I will give you that friend’s name. It may pay you to come to Saskatoon and area for some of your needs.