FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2010 Focus Rs From Green To:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Green:

[Image: ford-focus-rs-leak-2.jpg]
[Image: ford-focus-rs-leak-1.jpg]
[Image: ford-focus-rs-leak-4.jpg]

Blue:

[Image: RS-Blue2.jpg]
[Image: RS-Blue.jpg]
[Image: RS-Blue3.jpg]
[Image: RS-Blue4.jpg]
The blue is nice. I still prefer the green but it screems "Write me a ticket!!!"
...and why are they not bringing this out to N. America still?

Hmm.....gee......i wonder why Ford is struggling to survive now.

gosh....i wonder.......
I want one. Don't care what colour.
If I could score one for under 35K, I'd sell the truck tomorrow. No joke.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 11 2008, 08:24 AM Wrote:If I could score one for under 35K, I'd sell the truck tomorrow. No joke.
[right][snapback]278035[/snapback][/right]

If its that high, I want AWD. If not, drop that sticker to 25k.
cornflakes,Dec 11 2008, 02:21 AM Wrote:...and why are they not bringing this out to N. America still?

gosh....i wonder.......
[right][snapback]278031[/snapback][/right]

um, because nobody in NA would pay $40k for a focus... regardless of what you put in it.

darkpuppet,Dec 11 2008, 09:46 AM Wrote:
cornflakes,Dec 11 2008, 02:21 AM Wrote:...and why are they not bringing this out to N. America still?

gosh....i wonder.......

um, because nobody in NA would pay $40k for a focus... regardless of what you put in it.
[right][snapback]278041[/snapback][/right]
I think the intelligent car enthusiast, who knows what the Focus, especially an RS is... would pay the price. I know if I had the cash to buy one, I would. It is similar to the Subaru Impreza XTi or whatever it's called, in that it's a performance car derived from a WRC champion and an economy car.
Exactly... it would compete with the EVO X and the STi. And it had better have AWD with that kind of coin behind it.

f*** the retired folk who want an entry-level Focus - let them have their rental specials. Let the enthusiasts have their cake as well, I say.

Could you imagine one of these being sold for 3000-4000 less than the entry EVO? CHAOS!!!

And I'd rock one.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 11 2008, 10:22 AM Wrote:Exactly... it would compete with the EVO X and the STi. And it had better have AWD with that kind of coin behind it.

f*** the retired folk who want an entry-level Focus - let them have their rental specials. Let the enthusiasts have their cake as well, I say.

Could you imagine one of these being sold for 3000-4000 less than the entry EVO? CHAOS!!!

And I'd rock one.
[right][snapback]278043[/snapback][/right]
It won't be AWD. Ford says they've gotten rid of the Torque Steer through some new suspension bits. AWD would make it heavier. So, we'll have to wait and see if it works. By the way.... for you guys who have the money, it should be able to be imported to Canada from Europe........................... :rolleyes:

One more little thing.....by the time it reaches our shores, I might be one of those f*** retired folk, who don't want an entry level Focus
can't wait till they put this RS against STi.....will be definitly interesting thing to watch
NikiterZTS,Dec 11 2008, 10:52 AM Wrote:can't wait till they put this RS against STi.....will be definitly interesting thing to watch
[right][snapback]278046[/snapback][/right]

Sti will destroy it. This would be a direct competitor to the 265WRX, not an STi.

You guys want one of these so bad, theyre already here, its called a mazda3 speed. The mazda probably has better build quality too!

:lol:

These will be 30+K out the door. Thats a lot of money for a FWD turbocharged car. If they can price it near the Turbo cobalt ss, then were talking.
Nate is right.....
read some Car&Driver or any other tests....MS3 blows away alot of cars

i drove one....its very nice

the buddy at work has but he wants to sell it....."Its too much power for FWD car" lol

drove Turbocharged SS cobalt........meeeehh......
Flofocus,Dec 11 2008, 11:02 AM Wrote:Sti will destroy it.  This would be a direct competitor to the 265WRX, not an STi.

You guys want one of these so bad, theyre already here, its called a mazda3 speed.  The mazda probably has better build quality too!

:lol:

These will be 30+K out the door.  Thats a lot of money for a FWD turbocharged car.  If they can price it near the Turbo cobalt ss, then were talking.
[right][snapback]278049[/snapback][/right]

Totally agree. Why bother with a 30k fwd car?

oldeguy,Dec 11 2008, 09:51 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Dec 11 2008, 09:46 AM Wrote:

gosh....i wonder.......

I think the intelligent car enthusiast, who knows what the Focus, especially an RS is... would pay the price. I know if I had the cash to buy one, I would. It is similar to the Subaru Impreza XTi or whatever it's called, in that it's a performance car derived from a WRC champion and an economy car.
[right][snapback]278042[/snapback][/right]

looking at the statistics of sales of the STi and Evolution, there's only a couple thousand such enthusiasts...

is it worth the cost of creating a production line for the possibility of selling maybe 1,300 hi-po cars in today's economy?

Flo has a point, and it's one I've echoed many times, if you want the Focus ST, get the MazdaSpeed3... Ford will never bring the RS over.
not only did the colour change, the steering wheel moved to the other side with the colour change.
NikiterZTS,Dec 11 2008, 11:17 AM Wrote:Nate is right.....
read some Car&Driver or any other tests....MS3 blows away alot of cars

i drove one....its very nice

the buddy at work has but he wants to sell it....."Its too much power for FWD car"    lol

drove Turbocharged SS cobalt........meeeehh......
[right][snapback]278050[/snapback][/right]

Wheel hop, no traction till 3rd drove me crazy in the focus. sure its fast from a roll, but aggresively merging onto a 90km/hr road from a dead stop sucked. With the wrx, hammer her down and she goes, none of this spin, spin, spin non-sense.

I can see why he says its to much power for a fwd, but then again, there is no such thing as too much power. :lol:

The turbo cobalt ss beat out the WRX, MS3, and the EVO Ralliart i the last Head to head Road and Track did. WRX came in a close second.

I'll still take my subaru though! B)
darkpuppet,Dec 11 2008, 08:46 AM Wrote:

gosh....i wonder.......

Meh, put the RS motor in the drop top Focus from over there (assuming such a beast wouldn't tear itself apart from the various torsional forces) and I'd buy it for $40K CND (with autostick of course :P)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 11 2008, 12:31 PM Wrote:

gosh....i wonder.......

Meh, put the RS motor in the drop top Focus from over there (assuming such a beast wouldn't tear itself apart from the various torsional forces) and I'd buy it for $40K CND (with autostick of course :P)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]278062[/snapback][/right]

And I would call you crazy. for $40k, there is much better bang for your buck out there. You can pick up a slightly used 135/335 for that price. Twin turbo german goodness.
Flofocus,Dec 11 2008, 11:35 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Dec 11 2008, 12:31 PM Wrote:

gosh....i wonder.......

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]278062[/snapback][/right]

And I would call you crazy. for $40k, there is much better bang for your buck out there. You can pick up a slightly used 135/335 for that price. Twin turbo german goodness.
[right][snapback]278064[/snapback][/right]

Meh, BMW's aren't all that... I find the ride is much too stiff for everyday driving.

Being realistic the roads around here are crap, the SVT suspension in the Focus was as tight as I want to go. On the track sure a BMW is great (even the low end ones handle like a go kart from what I've heard) but I'm stuck driving through construction zones more than road course cones :D

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2