FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: car starts and dies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my 2001 ford focus DOHC, it all started when I pulled out of my parking stall, my fuel was low with the fuel lite on. stopped and got out of car to get some thing and car stalled, so I tried to start car and would not run, so went to get Gerry can of gas, car will start but not stay running,got no engine lite come on but car will run if you keep your foot on gas pedal. got my scan reader and no codes come up. got under the car and seen the medal tubing going up to the EGR valve that the nut was loose and slide down tube, tighten nut and still will not run
Welcome ... and when was the last time you had the fuel filter changed. If left too long they will restrict the flow of gas to the point where the car doesn't run right, and sometimes not at all. Letting the fuel tank run low often tends to accelerate the problem.

(01-23-2015, 06:42 AM)tdrranch Wrote: [ -> ]my 2001 ford focus DOHC, it all started when I pulled out of my parking stall, my fuel was low with the fuel lite on. stopped and got out of car to get some thing and car stalled, so I tried to start car and would not run, so went to get Gerry can of gas, car will start but not stay running,got no engine lite come on but car will run if you keep your foot on gas pedal. got my scan reader and no codes come up. got under the car and seen the medal tubing going up to the EGR valve that the nut was loose and slide down tube, tighten nut and still will not run